• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stain or ink drip? Nothing in grader notes
1 1

11 posts in this topic

The notes for this day nothing about a stain, I can’t tell what the hell this is. I don’t even know how someone would get this small of a stain on a spot with such precision.

Could this be from the printing process?

it doesn’t detract from the book, it looks great, just curious 

6B696E92-CA45-4C98-AE8B-4A25CAA621F8.jpeg

121D5B6B-3404-41C9-83C4-B0B91521B399.jpeg

BD75352C-4C02-4F9F-89BF-FE66D06A339B.jpeg

Edited by Venomous72

7 minutes ago, Rip said:

Stain, might have some slight foxing as well.

Gotcha, yeah I was thinking a stain as well just kind of weird how only a part comes down on the yellow. 

assuming the book is stored correctly does foxing continue to get worse over time or no?

12 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Thanks! I am very happy with it!

It's not surprising that it wasn't mentioned in the notes. Whether it's a foxing stain or something that looks like foxing, it's a very minor stain and probably didn't affect the grade at all. A nice looking midgrade copy... :golfclap:

1 hour ago, Venomous72 said:

Gotcha, yeah I was thinking a stain as well just kind of weird how only a part comes down on the yellow. 

assuming the book is stored correctly does foxing continue to get worse over time or no?

once the mold has died it does not grow any more.