• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC No Longer Allowing Customers to Modify or Cancel Orders

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Perhaps you should try respecting what these grading companies are dealing with right now in terms of an unexpected wave of volume. 

This mess isn't the fault of the grading companies.  There was no way to predict this.  So.....let's see if you can figure out who's fault it is.

Well it’s not my fault either that CGC now gives an expected TAT twice that of what it was when I submitted. I know its my fault that I need to move to start a job in a few months, but it’s certainly reasonable to try and pay extra to make it still work or just get my cards back ungraded, once again. I already know I should have just spent the money in the beginning, but the turnaround time was half what it is now and reasonable for my situation. I’m just trying to get my standard submission cards back within four months bro and it’s not looking like that’s going to happen, so I want to get them back ungraded and they’re saying no.

And it is absolutely CGC’s fault. They can’t predict the influx but they must have known for quite some time that they were going to make this policy change, yet never informed customers until the change. Further, CGC could have the policy of grandfathering people for two weeks, just like they gave warning to people before the price hike. I couldn’t cancel my order and resubmit as walkthrough even if I wanted to. 

2 minutes ago, GHFoster said:

Well it’s not my fault either that CGC now gives an expected TAT twice that of what it was when I submitted. I know its my fault that I need to move to start a job in a few months, but it’s certainly reasonable to try and pay extra to make it still work or just get my cards back ungraded, once again. I already know I should have just spent the money in the beginning, but the turnaround time was half what it is now and reasonable for my situation. I’m just trying to get my standard submission cards back within four months bro and it’s not looking like that’s going to happen, so I want to get them back ungraded and they’re saying no.

And it is absolutely CGC’s fault. They can’t predict the influx but they must have known for quite some time that they were going to make this policy change, yet never informed customers until the change. Further, CGC could have the policy of grandfathering people for two weeks, just like they gave warning to people before the price hike. I couldn’t cancel my order and resubmit as walkthrough even if I wanted to. 

The TAT problems are the fault of all the submitters trying to submit their cards at the same time to cash in on their greed.  I'm not saying that's what you're doing....but that's a big reason that the major grading companies are overwhelmed.

You think it's reasonable to try and pay extra to get what you want.  Unfortunately, that's not the reality.  And, just to be clear, I really do understand why you're frustrated.  It's understandable.  It's just not CGC's fault.  CGC announced their last change of a price hike a week in advance.  All that did was create a different sh*t storm as everyone tried to submit as much as they could before the changes took effect.  And all that did was make all the other problems worse.....like accommodating people who want to change their orders after mailing them in. 

The major grading companies are having to make hard choices that best accommodate the needs of the many.....not the needs of the few (Spock would be so proud of me).  That's just the cold, hard truth.  You're obviously entitled to be upset about that, but it's not going to change anything and it's not CGC's fault.

56 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

considering some of us have large sums of money tied up in cards.

YIKES. You do realize that these imaginary large sums of money can only realistically be obtained via CGC right now? Think you about: that money doesn't exist until someone pays you what THEY think they're worth, and the market has always paid for more for CGC-graded items. You have no other viable option of getting these returns, because lets be honest, you aren't going to submit anywhere else and risk getting a smaller piece of the pie. So why do you all keep insisting on biting the hand that has yet to feed you? By all means, please let your fellow card submitters know how it goes with those other two companies you posted (you won't) lol

27 minutes ago, GHFoster said:

Further, CGC could have the policy of grandfathering people for two weeks, just like they gave warning to people before the price hike. I couldn’t cancel my order and resubmit as walkthrough even if I wanted to. 

And just to follow through on this a bit......let's take this thought process out a little further.

What do you think would have happened if they informed everyone that they have two weeks from today to make changes to their order?  Honestly......what kind of nightmare scenario do you think that would have caused? 

It would have been a complete cluster-f**k. 

You would have had a massive horde of people scrambling to leap frog their order in front of all the other peasants.....or cancel their order all together.  And what would that have done?  Create an even bigger mess for everyone else and push their turn around times out even further.  The situation for graders and submitters right now is the Kobayashi Maru.......and people are just going to have to ride it out.