• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of Naomi?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Oh duh sorry I totally misread your question I'm very sorry. I think Young Justice #1 is one of the books with a Naomi preview but there were a bunch of them as I recall... same situation with the Strange Academy previews that were in like 5 or 6 Marvel titles...

No worries and thanks man

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

It depends. Just curious what the market thinks cause that's all that matters really these days.

The market doesn't seem to care about any Naomi previews or any of the Strange Academy previews either. I mean the only characters where 1st appearance anywhere in print seems to matter are TMNT, Miles Morales, and Wolverine. Naomi has a long way to go until her ad being in the back of Young Justice gets that book over $100, her 1st app can be had under $100 right now. Great time to buy in if you're a believer in the character compared to recent months, I'm not familiar with her.

3 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

The market doesn't seem to care about any Naomi previews or any of the Strange Academy previews either. I mean the only characters where 1st appearance anywhere in print seems to matter are TMNT, Miles Morales, and Wolverine. Naomi has a long way to go until her ad being in the back of Young Justice gets that book over $100, her 1st app can be had under $100 right now. Great time to buy in if you're a believer in the character compared to recent months, I'm not familiar with her.

Like The Agents 6 (1st preview of Walking Dead) doesn't have a high value as of Walking Dead #1.   1st appearance in the comic book is a safer bet over a preview book.

3 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I'd say Venom/Spidey Black costume, Spawn, and Ahsoka Tano, as well, with a few others bubbling under.

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Like The Agents 6 (1st preview of Walking Dead) doesn't have a high value as of Walking Dead #1.   1st appearance in the comic book is a safer bet over a preview book.

The Diamond Previews pre-order catalog adveritising the first issue a few months in advance of publication has some value, I think.

I mean, I will never understand the whole previews having crazy value thing...but then again, I am not a die hard for anyone other than Spidey. So I get that once you have most everything else, seeking out previews makes sense. To me they are more a cool additional piece that I would want to acquire cheaply though....not pay hundreds or even thousands for.

7 hours ago, williamblood said:

people paying for a diamond catalog need there head examined, the same few pump and dumpers try to pimp these previews every few months and a few suckers buy into it

That depends. There was a short preview story for Lazarus in Diamonds Previews that wasn't in the comic. It was reprinted along with the first story arc in the first trade. If Lazarus ever takes off, that Previews issue should be worth a bit.

14 hours ago, William-James88 said:

It depends. Just curious what the market thinks cause that's all that matters really these days.

No, it doesn't. Any insufficiently_thoughtful_person can overpay for ads, but that doesn't change content or facts.