• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I value this book?

4 posts in this topic

I would look on eBay for comparable sold items.

“Adam Hughes original sketch drawing Stan Lee” or something like that. If you find Cgc copies knock off half the price since yours is raw.  That will get you in the ball park.

the pricing may depend on the character as well to some extent, and the condition of the comic

I will take a stab at it for you. Looking at the book as if it were mine I would put a raw value at around $300. That's based on what I see on eBay completed and currently available. Unfortunately you cannot have the signatures authenticated by CGC. I am sure the signatures are real but CGC has to witness them being done to place a signature series label on them. A qualified label does not help much in my humble opinion even if it does place a grade and confirm whether any restoration has been done to the book. The only way to find out the true value is to auction the book. Take lots of pictures and write a detailed description. At one time you could set a high reserve price on eBay and watch for the highest end bidder. But is seems auctions with a reserve don't get many bids.

If if were me I would keep it and keep an eye out on previous sales until its the right time to sell.