• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ending tonight: Y: The Last Man - early page
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Early (with word balloons) page from Y: The Last Man (Pia Guerra) [#11, pg 11] is ending tonight on CL. Rare opportunity to get an early page before FX on Hulu releases the TV show later this year based on this beloved series with a stellar ensemble cast.  Word balloons disappear on the OA after issue #12, depriving you of all the Brian K. Vaughn goodness. This page features Agent 355 meeting Natalya Zamyatin for the first time.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions_first.asp&id=1473857#detail

Edited by Sideshow Bob

I think that for such an early page featuring Agent 355 that sold pretty cheap. I have a couple of pages for sale on my CAF For Sale Gallery in case someone is interested. Once the show becomes a huge hit pages will go sky high. Just look at what Invincible pages are doing in auction lately.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=131342

Edited by timguerrero

3 hours ago, timguerrero said:

Once the show becomes a huge hit pages will go sky high.

Is this legitimately a thing? Did "The Boys" pages go sky high once that show hit? (I have no idea; if you do, please share.) What happens if the show is a flop? Do prices fall?

38 minutes ago, Hal Turner said:

Is this legitimately a thing? Did "The Boys" pages go sky high once that show hit? (I have no idea; if you do, please share.) What happens if the show is a flop? Do prices fall?

It really is a mixed bag. WD pages did well, but you could argue its based on the strength of the story, just like Watchmen OA prices have zero to do with the movie and the HBO series. Preacher pages didn't go up at all as a result of the multiple seasons on AMC. Locke & Key doesn't really have pages commonly available, so no comp there. Did Jupiter's Legacy even register with the public? Same with Umbrella Academy and Deadly Class, with no noticeable change in OA prices, and I would put The Boys in that same category with some uptick in desirable splash pages spilling over post-broadcast. I would argue that Infinity Gauntlet prices are 100% tied to the success of the MCU and Infinity War/Endgame. And with YTLM, it feels like a different property that could easily have legs like WD did and spillover into OA prices. The Vaughn writing that shows up on the early OA pages will always be better than the later pages. We'll see what happens soon enough.

Y The Last Man OA prices surged right before the TV show. I should know as I took advantage and sold some interior pages and a cover before the show hit. After the show flopped and was ended before finishing its first season you could see prices were affected negatively as another cover from another artist different than mine sold for much less than mine. With Locke & Key I guess we will find out as I currently have a cover in the Heritage Signature Auction ending next week. The show has been a success and I am hoping the best on the outcome of the auction as I didn't really want to sell it but real life sometimes becomes a priority over art.