• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In-House Private Signing: Jim Starlin
1 1

17 posts in this topic

• Administrator
CGC welcomes back comic book artist and writer, Jim Starlin, for his first solo In-House Private Signing! 👏 Starlin has worked on a number of iconic comic titles and is best known for creating Thanos, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora and Shang-Chi and more! To learn more click the link below!

STARLIN-SIGNING_SOC_MED1.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, ImAWookie said:

Do we know when/if this event happened? Sent my comic on 2nd June with no updates.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I have books that I sent before and after this even that have been marked as received but no sign of my Starlin books.  I called customer service and they weren't able to provide any help.  Could be received, could be lost, could be sitting in the wrong pile and completely miss the signing.  I was essentially told to just keep waiting.

I didn't see the signing "event" date even mentioned in the advertisement. Unless I missed it.

Haha. My favorite line in the advertisement:

"If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled."

"In its vault". Yeah right. Are we calling a distant corner of a warehouse a "vault" now?

"Just stick all the Starlin stuff on that pallet and move them way over there. Then, throw a tarp over them. That's secure enough for the suckers."

On 8/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, Chris Artuso said:

Mine finally moved to grading/encapsulation/etc. yesterday... so looks like they're finally getting to these!

Damn.  Mine haven't even been marked as received and I'm worried they got thrown in the wrong pile and will miss the signing as a result.

I spoke to someone at customer service about my book not showing in the system and they can confirm that it was received and they know which pile in their "vault" my books are located.  They have sent a picker into the pile/vault to retrieve it and put it in the Starlin pile.  The customer service rep said they have had to do this often (retrieve a book from the vault for signing and put it in the correct pile) so the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

The customer service rep also confirmed that Jim Starlin has not done the signing yet so I haven't missed it.

I'm not sure how other books have moved on to grading and encapsulation?  I thought that took place after it was signed?

On 8/12/2021 at 1:57 PM, LudaToke said:

I spoke to someone at customer service about my book not showing in the system and they can confirm that it was received and they know which pile in their "vault" my books are located.  They have sent a picker into the pile/vault to retrieve it and put it in the Starlin pile.  The customer service rep said they have had to do this often (retrieve a book from the vault for signing and put it in the correct pile) so the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

The customer service rep also confirmed that Jim Starlin has not done the signing yet so I haven't missed it.

I'm not sure how other books have moved on to grading and encapsulation?  I thought that took place after it was signed?

Just yesterday I had my book say that it was received at CCS and is onto the pressing stage.

I just got word that my Warlock 10 just shipped after the Starlin signing.

I sent the book to CGC after it had already been signed by Alan Weiss.  It was a 9.6.

After CGC cracked it and had it signed by Starlin, it is now an 8.5. “small tear with crease right center of front cover breaks color.”

Who is handling these books?  What are they doing with them?  How are they damaging them?