• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is"opened"??
1 1

9 posts in this topic

In advance I apologize if there is a ridiculously obvious answer :)

The TAT page now states that CGC is "opening" packages delivered the week of 4/5/21. What is the definition of "opening"? I know delivered, received, scheduled for grading ,etc. Opening is a new one for me. My most recent received submission was 2/15... has this been "opened"?

1 hour ago, BelAir said:

Has anyone experienced CGC slabs not properly sealed ?   

Nope.  This was an issue when they started grading.  Likely only a few were affected.  They have since fixed the issue and this issue has not been brought up in 6+ months.  I have owned 1200+ slabs and not a single one has had this issue.

CGC has a verification function on their website.  To be sure the card in the slab was the card originally graded, enter in the serial number on this page and compare photos https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/

Thanks -

Also does anyone know if CGC (or anyone else) grades Pokemon booster packs ?  I have hundreds of Base through Neo I want graded, but, cant find anyone who currently grades booster packs.  

33 minutes ago, BelAir said:

Thanks -

Also does anyone know if CGC (or anyone else) grades Pokemon booster packs ?  I have hundreds of Base through Neo I want graded, but, cant find anyone who currently grades booster packs.  

PSA. I have about 10 there at the moment. Better strap in for a long wait though.