• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Target & Walmart Pulls Trading Cards From All Stores After Gun Drawn in Parking Lot

18 posts in this topic

https://www.newsweek.com/target-pulls-trading-cards-all-stores-after-gun-drawn-parking-lot-1591057

Target will suspend the sale of certain trading cards in its stores from May 14 out of concern for the safety of staff and customers. The move follows an incident in a Target parking lot where a man pulled a gun in an apparent dispute about cards.

The value of some types of trading cards has increased significantly over the course of the pandemic and has led to concerns about threats to staff.

Target will no longer sell Pokémon cards or MLB, NFL and NBA playing cards in its stores, but these can still be purchased from the retailer's website.

The safety of our guests and our team is our top priority," Target said in a statement to comic books and games website Bleeding Cool.

"Out of an abundance of caution, we've decided to temporarily suspend the sale of MLB, NFL, NBA and Pokémon trading cards within our stores, effective May 14. Guests can continue to shop these cards online at Target.com."

https://bleedingcool.com/games/wal-mart-allegedly-suspending-trading-card-game-sales/

Sources have alleged that Wal-Mart, a huge retailer in the United States and elsewhere across the globe, has ordered vendors not to stock trading cards of any sort for the foreseeable future. This mandate comes after purported "inappropriate customer behavior" and increased demand, though nothing has been said on precisely what that behavior has been.

Walmart-sign.jpg

That poor dude with the gun - that's all they talk about. He was defending himself against five muggers, who then fled at the sight of his drawn weapon, and were later caught by authorities. Still bad. Still a problem with people in general, but the registered gun owner is getting way too much attention.

29 minutes ago, csaag said:

yeah there's another thread here about that story

Seems the article you quoted is a bit wrong or misleading.  Apparently the victim was jumped by 4 people and pulled his gun  to protect himself according to the stories I read.

My bad... 

I posted this more of a way to discuss no more in store sales

1 hour ago, Ares said:

I posted this more of a way to discuss no more in store sales

The notice above is for Walmart USA. Hopefully, Walmart Canada can still distribute sports cards, as I heard Panini refuses to distribute to sports card shops in Canada directly.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Interesting. If this is not the case for canadian stores, I might be sitting on a gold mine hm

if your in Ontario not a chance. 

non essentials are locked down tighter than a bank vault

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

If this is not the case for Canadian stores, I might be sitting on a gold mine hm

Super-Walmarts that sell groceries considered essential in BC so one can still drive to shop for Pokemon and sports card rookies there. You just have to figure out which day the card restocker arrives in the morning, as I saw 10 unemployed guys lined up in that card section waiting for him to put out the hot Panini, DonRuss NBA, NFL boxes, and Pokemon Shining packs. Lots of Upper Deck NHL and leftover MLS soccer card boxes though for those that visit Walmart Canada after work.

9 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Doubt it.

Everyone armed leads to everyone fending for themselves as everyone else could be the suspect.   Maybe if a minority who are present are armed.  But if everyone is armed one cannot be sure that everyone else is certain who the initial perpetrator is.

Cards don't mug people...people mug people. Same 'ol story over and over. Heck, just ban fast food drive thrus while we're at it since there is so much violence often reported. The list can go on and on...