• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Batman Beyond 1 club
2 2

78 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 9:35 AM, WolverineX said:

Congrats! What grades?

On 9/11/2022 at 9:35 AM, WolverineX said:

Congrats! What grades?

all blue labels, 1,3,4,5,6 are 9.8. #2 is a 9.6. Very pleased.  Purchased from COMIX4SALE.  

Edited by Agent 007
Added info

On 9/11/2022 at 11:44 AM, Agent 007 said:

Just landed #1, and #2-#6.  Can't wait for all 6 to arrive.  Working on buying another #1 at the moment.   Will post once they arrive. How Swaaayyyy!! Thanks for the sale COMIX4SALE

You are most welcome. Enjoy the books.

James

On 3/25/2023 at 6:10 PM, williamblood said:

I saw that and wasn't sure what it's was, so thanks for clearing that up. A reprint of #1? Sweet! I wonder why their promoting it? I know there was a a current or somewhat current series l, I guess it is either coming off of that or something. :)

On 3/25/2023 at 7:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw that and wasn't sure what it's was, so thanks for clearing that up. A reprint of #1? Sweet! I wonder why their promoting it? I know there was a a current or somewhat current series l, I guess it is either coming off of that or something. :)

i asked cover artist he said its reprint of 1999 #1

On 5/12/2023 at 2:47 PM, Nsschenks said:

Got lucky with some affordable raw finds in the last few months!

5A820BCE-100D-47CA-A6FC-C6C4D2998025.jpeg

Wow I'm curious what was affordable but then might not want to know haha. I spent $550 cash for a 9.4 lol

Congrats though! Awesome books!

On 5/12/2023 at 5:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow I'm curious what was affordable but then might not want to know haha. I spent $550 cash for a 9.4 lol

Congrats though! Awesome books!

Haha you may not want to know then, suffice to say I got veryyy lucky when they popped up for sale. Nothing super crazy but definitely steals for the raw conditions.

And hey, $550 for 9.4 may be a steal at some point down the road! The book is weirdly resilient in most grades despite basically zero good news with movie/show spec. If (if, if, if…) a movie ever happens, this book could explode.

Not sure the best place to ask this, but I figured this would be as good a place as any: what's the deal with the Third Printing of the Special Origin Issue? By that, I mean, what's the story? I haven't been able to find out a lot of information about it. I'm mostly curious about where/why it was published, why there is no UPC, and why they seem to be so scarce (like, more-so than even Newsstands and Six Flags issues). Does anyone know anything about this? Publication date is over a year after the free comic book day one and 9 months after the Six Flags giveaway, which I always thought was kinda weird. Was it a promo released when Return of the Joker came out? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

On 12/19/2023 at 6:24 PM, Nschenks said:

Just got this baby in the mail today 
IMG_7219.thumb.jpeg.d22afa562963ce2197f2eb2e115afafe.jpeg

Update:

CGC4402993-002_OBV.jpg

1 of 2 on census now. Still looking for that potential 9.9 direct edition... (though I'm not sure it actually exists due to the really poor paper quality of the cover)

Edited by Nschenks