• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy High Grades in HA's June Auction
2 2

53 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Incase anyones wondering those stickers on the label are to indicate "the Oregon coast collection". I don't think it's a recognized pedigree.

Thats right - BA collections can't be an official pedigree, they're too new

...but otherwise this deserves one - single owner, crazy high grades, never opened.

I was lucky enough to see some of these books raw.

44 minutes ago, Ozonetv said:

Thats right - BA collections can't be an official pedigree, they're too new

...but otherwise this deserves one - single owner, crazy high grades, never opened.

I was lucky enough to see some of these books raw.

Interesting...are there any more slabs included in the collection? Are the ones without the sticker from the same person?

11 hours ago, comic_memories said:

Right and Winnipeg.. ...Bronze is included in pedigrees, no reason why it shouldn't be.

This collection is almost entirely Bronze, so I think that the difference...

15 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Interesting...are there any more slabs included in the collection? Are the ones without the sticker from the same person?

No- thats a separate collection - only the ones with the sticker are Oregon Coast. There'll be a couple thousand or more coming to auction over the next year or two. This is the first batch. Truly remarkable books.

14 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Well, there is the Don Rosa pedigrees out there

"...Rosa also assembled complete runs of every comic book published between 1966 and the late '80s, purchasing his books from local newsstands in Louisville, Kentucky. He decided to part with the 1970-present portion of his collection in 1995, sold through Steve Wyatt at San Diego Comic-Con that year. Rosa's remaining collection also contains a large, high grade accumulation of comics from the '50s, purchased complete by Rosa, which possibly represents a "pedigree within a pedigree." His collection has no identifying markings."

I believe that CGC's policy on designating Bronze Age comics as pedigree copies hinges on whether there is a Silver Age component to the collection.  So while there are a bunch of great BA Oakland, Twin Cities, Rocky Mountain, Fantucchio, Massachusetts, Don Rosa, and other pedigrees recognized on the label, they became pedigrees for their SA runs.  As far as I know, CGC has not given a pedigree designation to an exclusively BA and later collection.

Edited by namisgr

On 5/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, Legion of Goom said:

That MS5 is going to set the record for a bronze age 9.8 sale. Stunning books!

Record is 63,500 for the Werewolf by Night 32 on Comiclink a couple weeks ago, correct?

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Record is 63,500 for the Werewolf by Night 32 on Comiclink a couple weeks ago, correct?

I thought the GSXM1 in 9.8 fetched like $67,900 like a month ago?  MS5 in 9.8, with only 4 copies, is MUCH rarer than either of those (GSXM1, WBN32) in 9.8, so it could get very interesting.  

Edited by Pantodude