• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy High Grades in HA's June Auction
2 2

53 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2021 at 1:09 AM, bluehorseshoe said:
On 5/16/2021 at 10:39 AM, comic_memories said:

Right and Winnipeg.. ...Bronze is included in pedigrees, no reason why it shouldn't be.

Along with Savannah, MSW 8 has a Savannah pedigree copy, and that’s a Copper book.

It's fine for BA and CA books to be part of a pedigree collection.  There are a number of pedigrees that have lots of BA and CA books.

But a collection won't get pedigree status if it's primarily made up of BA and CA books.  We'd have over a thousand pedigrees if that were permitted.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:55 PM, workingdog said:

Let's not forget one of my fave pedigree's - Suscha News  (thumbsu

1616804366_CreaturesontheLoose17.thumb.jpg.8e2f6063120bedefd334d263c20caa8a.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Marvel-Feature-1-Red-Sonja-NM-9-4-Suscha-News-Pedigree-/265152238018?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

While looking for ped copies, I saw this sold listing. The comic isn't bad but looks like bleed-through on front and back covers...is this the same copy that metropolis sold? Because I always thought the Suscha News books had brilliant dark colors on like new cover paper...

On 6/18/2021 at 4:16 PM, Terry_JSA said:

I still think this is insane. If I’m not mistaken, this is the most a book from the Bronze Age of Comics has sold for period! I wonder how long before another 9.8 hits auction. 

wonder how many others have WP....I know at least one of the other three has OW/W

On 6/21/2021 at 12:38 PM, PeterPark said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Marvel-Feature-1-Red-Sonja-NM-9-4-Suscha-News-Pedigree-/265152238018?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

While looking for ped copies, I saw this sold listing. The comic isn't bad but looks like bleed-through on front and back covers...is this the same copy that metropolis sold? Because I always thought the Suscha News books had brilliant dark colors on like new cover paper...

Hi, I sold that Marvel Feature book. Yes, I purchased it directly from Metropolis as a 9.6. I lowered the grade (lost money by doing so) when I sold it due to the cover transparency, though I’ve seen the same issue on many copies of this book.