• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brundage FILE COPIES at HA.COM
3 3

57 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Call of Cthulu is mighty robust as well. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

19 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Cthulu

That Weird Tales is a must have. They all seem to take a back seat to the Shadow. Heritage asks “What money lurks in the pockets of man?”

https://comics.ha.com/itm/pulps/the-shadow-april-1931-first-issue-street-and-smith-condition-fn-/a/40173-81237.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-SearchResults-120115&lotPosition=0|0

Some of these Pulps really appeal to me... I'm even bidding on one I sold to someone else a while back. I especially like Black Coast ... but that one will likely take 6K or more... GOD BLESS...

8 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

The Lovecraft Astoundings were very discouraging, as I do NOT have my copies yet.... I was sure 1500 would get at least one of them. GOD BLESS ...

-jjimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Over 4K EACH?  Holy...

My copy of the June issue isn't quite as nice as the one in the auction, but it's still a pretty sharp copy with great page quality and a complete spine.  It's looking more and more like a steal every day:

Astounding_1936_06.jpg

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

160K for Shadow #1 .... That's impressive. GOD BLESS...

A sweet copy though, and I guess the book is tough to find in any grade. 

What do the big dogs think, has Shadow #1 surpassed the first Tarzan All-Story as the most valuable pulp? Or is there another book I'm overlooking?

12 minutes ago, rjpb said:

A sweet copy though, and I guess the book is tough to find in any grade. 

What do the big dogs think, has Shadow #1 surpassed the first Tarzan All-Story as the most valuable pulp? Or is there another book I'm overlooking?

I think Tarzan is the Action #1 to the Shadow's 'Tec #27 still... but I can't think of any obvious book that would be in 3rd place.  1st Doc Savage, maybe?

I think my days of getting key pulps are rapidly coming to a close, but there's still going to be a lot of room on the edges for a little while longer.

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

DONT I know it... I was the underbidder.. couldn’t shake the winner, so I bailed after going way above what I wanted to pay.  Sorry buddy.. I wanted it too!