• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 252 FMV?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I usually use comicsgocollect to check the FMV of a book before I buy a copy.

This particular book keeps yo yo-ing up and down drastically and I don't understand why.

The sold prices on Ebay are pretty consistent week to week for 9.8, 9.6 and 9.4 so why the up and down on a weekly basis for the FMV?

For example

4 weeks ago the FMV of a 9.6 was $350

2 weeks ago it jumped to $675

Today it's back down to $360

1 hour ago, lostboys said:

This particular book keeps yo yo-ing up and down drastically and I don't understand why.

The sold prices on Ebay are pretty consistent week to week for 9.8, 9.6 and 9.4 so why the up and down on a weekly basis for the FMV?

For example

Are you noting the differences caused by direct vs newsstand copies?

1 hour ago, lostboys said:

For example

well Watchcount sold listings for Ebay  shows 9.6 selling at 500-$1000 over the last 60+ days so goCollect must have a mistake.   I can't picture a few lowball sales on some other auction site dragging their FMV down given how many Ebay sales there have been.

Nowadays with the way prices have been rising I always look at either Ebay sold sales or recently finished auction sales rather than goCollect

Edited by csaag
typo

50 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Are you noting the differences caused by direct vs newsstand copies?

There's not much diff in what they sell for and comicsgocollect doesn't have values listed for newsstands...only direct.

Actually, with ASM 252, there are way more newsstand editions than there are direct copies.

Someone on this board told me that's because shops didn't think 252 would be a key issue and didn't order many copies.

Maybe because Secret Wars 8 was already out?

53 minutes ago, csaag said:

well Watchcount sold listings for Ebay  shows 9.6 selling at 500-$1000 over the last 60+ days so goCollect must have a mistake.   I can't picture a few lowball sales on some other auction site dragging their FMV down given how many Ebay sales there have been.

Nowadays with the way prices have been rising I always look at either Ebay sold sales or recently finished auction sales rather than goCollect

It's weird.

I watch a bunch of books and record the ups and downs.

ASM 252 is the only book I follow that keeps jumping up and down so drastically on comicsgocollect.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, lostboys said:

There's not much diff in what they sell for and comicsgocollect doesn't have values listed for newsstands...only direct.

Actually, with ASM 252, there are way more newsstand editions than there are direct copies.

Someone on this board told me that's because shops didn't think 252 would be a key issue and didn't order many copies.

Maybe because Secret Wars 8 was already out?

Secret wars came out long after ASM 252, but maybe gocollect just needs to catch up :) 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Secret wars came out long after ASM 252, but maybe gocollect just needs to catch up :) 

Thanks for that info...i wasn't into comics back then but was always under the assumption SW8 was the first blacksuit because, well...thats when RR created it.

So Secret Wars was kinda like a prequel?

What's the explanation in 252 about where the black suit came from?

Just now, lostboys said:

Thanks for that info...i wasn't into comics back then but was always under the assumption SW8 was the first blacksuit because, well...thats when RR created it.

So Secret Wars was kinda like a prequel?

What's the explanation in 252 about where the black suit came from?

Secret wars 8 was the origin true enough but not the 1st appearance. As far as I know he just dawn's a new look story wise in #252, and cgc has it tied with a marvel team up and a spectacular Spider-Man issue as the 1st appearance. Secret wars 8 you can see the date on the slabs came out months later toward the end of the year ...

26 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Secret wars 8 was the origin true enough but not the 1st appearance. As far as I know he just dawn's a new look story wise in #252, and cgc has it tied with a marvel team up and a spectacular Spider-Man issue as the 1st appearance. Secret wars 8 you can see the date on the slabs came out months later toward the end of the year ...

Is the suit he's wearing in 252 the symbiote or just a black suit?

8 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

FYI, there is an ASM 252 CGC 9.8 CPV with white pages coming up in the Weekly Heritage auctions...here's the link.

The Amazing Spider-Man #252 Canadian Edition (Marvel, 1984) CGC | LotID #31007 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Should be interesting to see what it goes for.  I would be surprised if it didn't hit $5K.

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, The Amazing Spider-Man #252 Canadian Edition (Marvel, 1984...

Are Canadian variants in demand?

23 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

FYI, there is an ASM 252 CGC 9.8 CPV with white pages coming up in the Weekly Heritage auctions...here's the link.

The Amazing Spider-Man #252 Canadian Edition (Marvel, 1984) CGC | LotID #31007 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Should be interesting to see what it goes for.  I would be surprised if it didn't hit $5K.

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, The Amazing Spider-Man #252 Canadian Edition (Marvel, 1984...

I think you want it, go for it! :preach: