• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Unconfirmed Speculation About Two Brothers
16 16

124 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, sfcityduck said:

My dad (b. 1939 and still alive) gave me his childhood collection (late 40s-early 50s) when I first got into comic collecting in the later 70s.  He also instilled in me a love of science fiction.  For which I am grateful.  

Good Health to your Dad!  There are many times I wish I could have conversations with him.  He never got to see me being a father unfortunately.

My dad more instilled in me a love of movies.  To that end I have literally thousands of movies on DVD/Blu-Ray, even hundreds of his he recorded on VHS.  He, my grandmother, and great-grandmother bought me some comics when I was about 5 years old.  I didn't really get serious until I was about 18, but then I exploded into the hobby.  I became particularly fond of older books.  The older, the better for me. 

Retired now, but still enjoying the hobby from another perspective, but this is going way off topic.

Thank you again!

PDG

On 1/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, PDGray said:

Good Health to your Dad!  There are many times I wish I could have conversations with him.  He never got to see me being a father unfortunately.

My dad more instilled in me a love of movies.  To that end I have literally thousands of movies on DVD/Blu-Ray, even hundreds of his he recorded on VHS.  He, my grandmother, and great-grandmother bought me some comics when I was about 5 years old.  I didn't really get serious until I was about 18, but then I exploded into the hobby.  I became particularly fond of older books.  The older, the better for me. 

Retired now, but still enjoying the hobby from another perspective, but this is going way off topic.

Thank you again!

PDG

My dad made it for me to have kids. He loved to spoil them as I do my grandkids.

He did enjoy me getting some “pay back” though…:roflmao: