• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 129 9.8 ... a $13,250 comic? Huh?

36 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Too be truthful, it's the 1st appearance of Emma Frost too and she's become a pretty important character in the x-universe.

Also 1st Sebastian Shaw.

I just looked on ebay and someone has a X129 9.8 listed at $20,200.  :facepalm:

Also, there is a 9.8 listed at $8999...... so why would you buy one for $13250 on CL???

Someone is trying to artificially inflate prices.

I think we will find out that the $13250 never went thru.

This happens all the time, I don't know if some people just can't be arsed searching or they are just flat out dumb, maybe it's both .O.o 

Edited by batmiesta

On 5/20/2021 at 4:04 AM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

What's wacky...I bought both XM129s, at the same time, fresh off the racks from my LCS (Silver Snail, Toronto).

1635137157_Untitledxm1299896.thumb.jpg.8013c0302ef3988e95a074dba1479e87.jpg

About half of all my 7-11 comics from the early 1980s are also direct copies, which is really odd. I contacted Steve Geppi about this a few years ago and basically he said that since the direct market was in it's infancy in 1979, some newsstand retailers had a mix of direct/newsstand copies. I think my 7-11 owner had a family member/friend that owned another store and they would rotate unsold direct comics. 

Edited by Primetime

On 5/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, Comic-Fan said:

I wonder if Marvel Studios will have as much trouble giving her a name that every one recognizes?  :shiftyeyes:

Sorry. “Her” who?

Kitty? Emma? Somebody else?

I love the book as the first Emma Frost - especially since Frost was leading the X-Men ~15 years ago.

But I've never understood the speculative interest in Kitty Pryde.

IIRC, she was in each of the first three X-Men films, but played by three different actresses.

In other words, I think the character has been as "potentialized" in movies as Sabretooth or Bane (two separate films each).

And Emma Frost's appearance in First Class was...underwhelming.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:17 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I love the book as the first Emma Frost - especially since Frost was leading the X-Men ~15 years ago.

But I've never understood the speculative interest in Kitty Pryde.

IIRC, she was in each of the first three X-Men films, but played by three different actresses.

In other words, I think the character has been as "potentialized" in movies as Sabretooth or Bane (two separate films each).

And Emma Frost's appearance in First Class was...underwhelming.

:butbutbutemoji: it's a 1st appearance :)

On 5/20/2021 at 4:04 AM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

What's wacky...I bought both XM129s, at the same time, fresh off the racks from my LCS (Silver Snail, Toronto).

1635137157_Untitledxm1299896.thumb.jpg.8013c0302ef3988e95a074dba1479e87.jpg

Or at least that's what you THINK you remember . . . :baiting:

On 5/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, Comic-Fan said:

Sorry for not being specific.  Kitty Pryde who has gone by the name Sprite, Ariel, Shadowcat and I believe a few others. 

Pretty sure she's gone by "Kitty Pryde" for like 30 of her past 43-year history.

Like...I think it's been a *long* time since she was referred to buy her superhero or code names in the comics.