• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB Animation's INJUSTICE movie (10/19/2021)
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Injustice: Gods Among Us Animated Movie Officially Announced by DC, Warner Bros. Animation'

DC has revealed its next direct-to-video animated movie, and it's a big one. The wildly popular fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us is getting a movie adaptation.

Oddly, neither DC nor Warner Bros. Animation made a formal announcement of the new project. Instead, its existence was revealed via a press release for Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two. Among the bonus features included on that Blu-ray set will be a trailer for an Injustice movie.

At this time, no other details are known about the Injustice movie, though with The Long Halloween, Part Two scheduled for a July 2021 release, it seems likely we'll see the Injustice drop before the end of the year. It remains to be seen just how closely the movie will follow the plot of the original game and whether the game's voice cast will reprise their roles for the film.

2013's Injustice: Gods Among Us and its 2017 sequel are set in an alternate DC Universe where Superman is driven mad after being tricked by Joker into killing his wife Lois and their unborn child. Five years after that tragedy, Superman rules the world with an iron fist, forcing the Justice League of the regular DCU to cross dimensions and battle this tyrannical Man of Steel.

Edited by Bosco685

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is bringing Injustice to the small screen.

The film falls under the DC Animated Movie banner and is inspired by Netherrealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us video game and the best selling DC comic book series Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One from writer Tom Taylor. The story takes place in on an alternate Earth in which the Joker has tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane, sending the hero on a rampage. This unnhinged Superman decides to take control of Earth for its own good, leading Batman and his allies to attempt to stop him.

The upcoming Injustice animated film voice stars:

• Justin Hartley as Superman
  • Anson Mount as Batman
  • Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna
  • Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen
  • Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern
  • Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg
  • Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc
  • Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man
  • Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn
  • Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash and Shazam
  • Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman
  • Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent
  • Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman
  • Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz
  • Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul
  • Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom
  • Janet Varney as Wonder Woman
  • Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier

Rick Morales, known for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, is producing. Justice League Dark‘s Matt Peters is directing from a -script by Batman: Hush scribe Ernie Altbacker. Also producing is Jim Krieg, with Sam Register executive producing.

DC's Injustice Movie Release Date Revealed

DC's Injustice animated has revealed its release date, which will be October 19th. The film's roster of alternate universe DC Comics superheroes includes Justin Hartley as Superman, Anson Mount as Batman, Janet Varney as Wonder Woman, Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna, Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen, Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern, Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg, Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn, Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent, Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman, Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz, Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul, Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash and Shazam.

In addition, the Injustice movie will also feature Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman, Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc, Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man, Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom, and Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier. Rick Morales (Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge), will produce the Injustice movie; Matt Peters (Justice League Dark) will direct, and Ernie Altbacker (Batman: Hush) will write the -script.

In anticipation of the film's release, Screen Rant exclusively spoke with star Anson Mount to discuss taking on the role of Batman, his appreciation for the evolution of comic book adaptations, and more.

• Screen Rant: So Injustice is a pretty interesting twist on this comic lore, obviously it first came with the video games before making its way into the comics, but what about the project really drew you to it?
  • Anson Mount: I guess just the opportunity to play Batman. For anybody who grew up in my generation, it's almost like getting to play a cowboy. It's just cool, so obviously jumped at the opportunity.

• Screen Rant: Just like there have been plenty of cowboys over the years there have also been plenty of actors who have played Batman both in-person and vocally throughout the years. What was that like for you trying to find your own unique voice and representation for Batman?
  • Anson Mount: I once played Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross, so it's a little like saying what was your way to finding your own Ricky Roma when it already been done by Al Pacino, and the truth is that you just can't think about that. You can't play the movie and make sure that your choices are divergent from everything. It's not a thing you do by committee, you just have to take the text and what is known about the character and do your best to show up on time and tell the truth about it, and that's I hope that's what I did.
  • Screen Rant: Is there anybody in particular that your character shared the screen with that you really wish you would have been able to work in person with?
  • Anson Mount: Oh, absolutely. Me and Ollie Hudson go way back, we did an ill-fated TV show together way back in our early 30s and I've always loved that guy and would jump at any chance to work with him again. But it's a great list of actors, they put together a hell of a cast and I'm so fortunate to be a part of it.

I knew the basic story line going in because I had read the comics, but I enjoyed the film. Most of the animated DC films are really good in my opinion. I strongly suspect that the bad reviews for this one were given for the same reason the Zack Snyder DC films got a lot of bad reviews (i.e, "That's not MY Superman").

On 1/15/2023 at 2:39 AM, kimik said:

Are there any plans for a Kingdom Come animated or live action film/streaming mini-series? I would love to see that produced at some point.

James Gunn dropped a Kingdom Come image on his account after becoming co-CEO. So the assumption is it is coming at some point.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

James Gunn dropped a Kingdom Come image on his account after becoming co-CEO. So the assumption is it is coming at some point.

If they are smart, they do it as a streaming series that will allow them to do separate prequel/sequel/character mini-series alongside it.

FWIW, I would love to see them do a full on Elseworlds animated series which would be the equivalent to Marvel What If?. Some of the Elseworlds arcs were fun reads.