• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Collectors Con 2021
3 3

94 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, rabidwolf said:

Are you looking for any specific video games?

No, i just wanted to know if this was a comic book show with some games -- or the other way around (mostly games and some comix).

8 hours ago, zosocane said:

No, i just wanted to know if this was a comic book show with some games -- or the other way around (mostly games and some comix).

This is the type of show, if you can only do one in a year, this would be a good one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Terry's Yorba Linda convention as well ...

1 hour ago, errantpieceoftape said:

Hey All!

@DimezBoth CGC and CBCS will be in attendance directly at the show.

@aardvark88 We are a comics focused show, but there will be a few vendors that will have video games/graded video games.

We also just announced Tim Vigil and Scott Williams will be in attendance at the event. 

Hell yeah

Agreed this is a great show for comics and comic art especially, and I wish I could go!  (Next year, for sure.)

As Jimjum12 said, if you can only hit one con a year, this is the one -- it's focused, has lots of great stuff to ogle or buy, and has all the big names in the room without the traditional con 'experience overload'.

If folks who attend could post pics of some wall displays, especially the original art, I'd love to see them.  And of course live through y'all vicariously. :banana:  

Good luck to everyone with the show,

Dan

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

in anticipation of good times to come next weekend, here's an (ina) flashback

20190127_093742.jpg

I was taught that proper box diving should be done with "pinkies up".  So says "The Gentleman Collector".

@Inaflash was explaining to Harley that high pricing does not promote more business, and that women have no place at a comic con.  Except maybe for cosplay.  Harley was skeptical about all these things, especially the pricing part, and had to check his phone for confirmation.

I said “dressed skimpily for cosplay”. Get it straight.

6 hours ago, Inaflash said:

I said “dressed skimpily for cosplay”. Get it straight.

From my experience, most women and men should wear more clothes when engaging in cosplay.  Spandex should be treated like thermal underwear -- keep it hidden by wearing more clothes.

Maybe this is a reason why my eyesight is no longer 20-20.

13 hours ago, silverseeker said:

For those of us planning to go to this show, it sounds like L.A. is going to start requiring masks indoors for everyone...

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-15/l-a-county-will-require-masks-indoors-amid-covid-19-surge

thanks for sharing that, i had no idea. thats a bummer. its hard going backwards after finally seeing things return to almost normal.

These are books I'm looking to sell in person at the show but also definitely open to trading for (or in part) bigger Marvel Keys.  Also looking to trade one or all of these WATA graded games for Marvel Keys as well.  PM me if anyone wants to discuss.  Thanks!

CoC19.jpeg.e9ace035c1e4344ba8a40eaf8d399d36.jpeg

GSX19.2.jpeg

IH181.3.5.jpeg

SS3.jpeg

games.jpg