• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Marvel Comics QC

6 posts in this topic

I recently bought a slabbed Ms Marvel #9 and one thing I noticed was the bottom edge of the book which looks odd.  The bottom of the cover seems smaller then the rest of the book which leaves the interior exposed.  I am assuming it was a bad cut during production?  Just curious to see if anyone else saw something similar with other Marvel bronze age books or how common this defect is.

This is not a shaken syndrome scenario as the interior lines up with the cover on the top edge.

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

14 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

No tears at the staples? Might have been  overhang on the top edge originally.  

( just trying to completely rule out SCS)

Nope, no tears on the staple.  Normally I look for a better slab copy to get but this variant is so rare that it barely ever comes up for sale.  Just never seen a cover smaller then the book like this before.

IMG_4579.JPG

11 minutes ago, Escaflown41 said:

Nope, no tears on the staple.  Normally I look for a better slab copy to get but this variant is so rare that it barely ever comes up for sale.  Just never seen a cover smaller then the book like this before.

IMG_4579.JPG

I think that I have one like it, except it's from the top :tink: I bought it and didn't notice it until it was in hand, but then again, the price was good (thumbsu it's worth stating that it is indeed paper all the way to the top, just printed offset....

GetImage.aspx?c=3940821&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

Edited by ADAMANTIUM