• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Puyallup, WA State Summer Con June 18-20, 2021 Starlin, Donny Cates, Peter David, Mandalorian
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Too bad I won't be able to drive across the USA border to attend this growing pop culture con due to Covid restrictions. Solid media (Mandalorian actor, actress) and comic guest list (writer Donny Cates signing new Venom #200, writer/artist Jim Starlin, artist Rick Leonardi, etc.) even though, I believe, it is on same weekend as Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC.

Puyallup, WA is southeast of Seattle, WA. Corner vendor booth 10' x 10' seems a bargain at $400 for a 3 day con.

Not sure how crowded it will be due to Covid precautions in WA state. Other media guests from TV's 'Cobra Kai', etc.

Their WA Con site also has a page on crowd control and Covid-19 health precautions, fyi. Great family and collector event. Crowded but free parking across the street from the Puyallup Fairgrounds. $38 Saturday adult admission.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, aardvark88 said:

Their WA Con site also has a page on crowd control and Covid-19 health precautions, fyi. Great family and collector event. Crowded but free parking across the street from the Puyallup Fairgrounds. $38 Saturday adult admission.

A pity that the land border is still closed to public citizens (for Canadians that is). Otherwise I would be going to that show. Oh well ... safety first before stupidity going across the border. 

28 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

Roy from Canada was at the Valley Comic Con, he said all you have to do is say it is work related.

I think there may be a quarantine when you get back though.

This is exactly the issue I have if I go over the border and come back home. I don’t think my company will like that.

It is the income amount I will lose for two weeks quarantine. For sure, as my company don’t pay me for that!

Thus ... is the problem. :p

On 5/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, Fan Boy said:

This is exactly the issue I have if I go over the border and come back home. I don’t think my company will like that.

It is the income amount I will lose for two weeks quarantine. For sure, as my company don’t pay me for that!

Thus ... is the problem. :p

Wow in the U.S. a company is not allowed to dock you for covid related issues ( I.E. a government mandated quarantine.)

I plan to set up at the Washington State Summer Con is June 18-20, 2021.
https://www.wasummercon.com/
  We have been fortunate to still have acquired some amazing comics during this past challenging year
If you want me to bring something specific off of my web-site you can let me know what you want 
I will try to bring it. Washington State Fair and Events Center, Puyallup, WA.
  I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at https://terryscomics.com/

Best Regards 
                           Terry O'Neill 
                                 Terry's Comics

IMG_20210523_085158996.thumb.jpg.51ee1bff2794133a7a0d9f6eacf26a6d.jpg  IMG_20210523_085208155.thumb.jpg.8e97ac0b873ecb0c0b2a17fdc52c2cdb.jpg

1 hour ago, alexgross.com said:

has anyone from portland or seattle ever been to this show before? wondering how many comics dealers will be there other than terry. its a 2.5 hr drive for me from portlandia, but i'm considering it...

Not sure what it means, but they stopped accepting new vendor applications a month ago, pending placement of returning vendors.  This might only mean their floor space for vendors has been curtailed some due to covid.

2 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

how many comics dealers will be there other than terry. its a 2.5 hr drive for me from portlandia, but i'm considering it...

In year 1, this was a 2 day show that I highly recommend. There were about a dozen vintage comic/mag dealers but some of them had 2 booths or an island of booths. Solid selection of slabs, keys, pre-code horror, some LB Cole, $1-2 blow outs of actually decent back issues, Star Wars stuff, original comic art at aggressive prices, and timed signature signings by artists and comic writers. Should not be super crowded like Seattle's ECCC, thus easier to get a sig and shop.

i went to this one yesterday. really nice smaller show. several dealers attended whom we all know - harley, cloud nine from portland, and @TerrysComics among others. several other comic dealers that i didn't know also set up there and several sellers of vintage toys as well. the best part was that once the initial line was let in, there was no line, and the crowd was totally reasonable. not empty but not very crowded- just right, especially for my first show post-pandemic. high ceilings and good ventilation there too. here are a few pics of some booths. like most cons, bigger books were often overpriced but i got a few deals on slabs and these 4 classic ff books only cost me 46 bucks, proving that there are still some deals to be had at cons. that's chris claremont signing stuff. there were a few other bigger names there signing but only he appeared busy. there was a second building with celeb signings but i didnt venture over there. i wonder what harley's daily screen time total is...

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com