• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having MAJOR ISSUES WITH COMICCONNECT?
4 4

155 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I’ve never dealt with ComicConnect.  Can someone riddle me this  - Do they at least make the seller confirm that they accept the offer/buy order and that the book is still available before making the buyer pay?  I know that ComicLink does.

ComicCONnect DOES NOT wait for the seller to confirm or accept the buy order placed.  That's why this issue has happened to me 3x in the past 6 months!

They need to adopt the same type of seller confirmation system like ComicLink has.  Then there would be way less occurrences like this happening!

21 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

ComicCONnect DOES NOT wait for the seller to confirm or accept the buy order placed.  That's why this issue has happened to me 3x in the past 6 months!

Thanks.  And that is flat out messed up, they’re selling books that they don’t even know are available AND expecting payment for them right away.  Not cool bro.

image.gif.9a94407618f4920ec05472d25ef11573.gif

30 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I’ve never dealt with ComicConnect.  Can someone riddle me this  - Do they at least make the seller confirm that they accept the offer/buy order and that the book is still available before making the buyer pay?  I know that ComicLink does.

I'm not so sure. I bought a few books from CL (auction and exchange) back in late March/early April. Total of well over $1000. After a month, I emailed to ask why I haven't received anything yet. Exact reply..."There is just one Exchange book we're still waiting for. The seller has been contacted and I should know more by early next week. Really sorry for the wait."

Still nothing.

I've purchased a couple of books from ComicConnect lately without issue. That said, I completely agree that their customer service is lacking. I had some questions about shipping for the first purchase, and had to email multiple times to get a response. When I finally did get a response from one of the multiple emails accounts listed on their site (almost all of which I tried in a vain to get a response from), the person responding simply told me to get in touch with another department, without even providing me the email for that other department. Ended up going through with the purchase because I really wanted the book, but definitely left a bad impression.

10 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I'm not so sure. I bought a few books from CL (auction and exchange) back in late March/early April. Total of well over $1000. After a month, I emailed to ask why I haven't received anything yet. Exact reply..."There is just one Exchange book we're still waiting for. The seller has been contacted and I should know more by early next week. Really sorry for the wait."

Still nothing.

No, I’m positive they do from my own experience.  As an exchange seller, you have to click the button to accept the offer/buy order before the order can be finalized.  Whether or not the seller then sends CLink the book is a separate issue.

Of course ideally this won’t happen...

BUT there is an inherent risk in buying from this venue that is not a secret.  And that is and should be a factor in deciding to buy with that company AND what price you’re willing to pay.  

If customers don’t put economic pressure on the company they have no reason to change, especially if their net result is interest free loans.

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I’ve never dealt with ComicConnect.  Can someone riddle me this  - Do they at least make the seller confirm that they accept the offer/buy order and that the book is still available before making the buyer pay?  I know that ComicLink does.

In the case with my purchase of the FF45 cgc 7.5 the seller counteroffered multiple times and ultimately accepted a final price. And 2 weeks later the consignor couldnt locate the book. Obviously because it had gone up during february/march.

And this lying consignor left me with a 30$ bill in paypal fees, to get my money back.

21 hours ago, Micah S. said:

The books in auctions are required to be sent it, because we know they will sell on a specific date. It's the fixed price marketplace where we allow sellers to consign without sending the books.as they could sit there for a while.

If this is true, you are the slowest shipping company I've ever dealt with. It's never been less than a month before my auction winnings ship from you, which I had always attributed to waiting for consignors to ship the books to you.

I always find it odd when I read threads about ComicConnect having issues.  I've purchased from all the major auction houses and dealers and have never had an unusual experience from them.  But then, I don't expect them to be like Amazon where they deliver the books the next day.  I've placed many orders in the last 6 months, many arrived within a couple weeks and a couple showed up in less than a week.  The last time I purchased from Heritage, it took 3 weeks to get my wins.  Which I expect to be pretty typical.

Maybe I'm just lucky?  (shrug)

I suppose I also compare these experiences with how I used to order books through the mail in the 80s and 90s.  If you guys find this upsetting, you would have gone crazy back then.  A guy could wait 2 or 3 months before hearing anything.  Meanwhile, you're check or money order was out there with only a hope an a prayer that you'd get the books you were looking for (which a lot of times you didn't because one or two were already sold).

Anyway, I've had only good experiences buying from ComicConnect.  2c

47 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I always find it odd when I read threads about ComicConnect having issues.  I've purchased from all the major auction houses and dealers and have never had an unusual experience from them.  But then, I don't expect them to be like Amazon where they deliver the books the next day.  I've placed many orders in the last 6 months, many arrived within a couple weeks and a couple showed up in less than a week.  The last time I purchased from Heritage, it took 3 weeks to get my wins.  Which I expect to be pretty typical.

Maybe I'm just lucky?  (shrug)

I suppose I also compare these experiences with how I used to order books through the mail in the 80s and 90s.  If you guys find this upsetting, you would have gone crazy back then.  A guy could wait 2 or 3 months before hearing anything.  Meanwhile, you're check or money order was out there with only a hope an a prayer that you'd get the books you were looking for (which a lot of times you didn't because one or two were already sold).

Anyway, I've had only good experiences buying from ComicConnect.  2c

Like I stated in my 1st post.  I waited 6 weeks to message them about the status of the book.  It's not like I was expecting lightning fast customer service...  I don't expect them to be like Amazon, but after over 2 months with no replies from customer service, - They finally realize they haven't even made contact with the seller?  That is just unacceptable by anyone's standards...

On 5/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, shadroch said:

Letting people sell on your  site without requiring the books be on hand is dumb. 

+1  

If you're a seller, taking orders and payments on merchandise not on hand and ready to ship is Russian Roulette. An order is a contract. Once the buyer honors his responsibility to pay, upholding his end of that contract, the seller should be ready to honor his end. The only way this can be assured to go down in that fashion is if the consignor's item is on the seller's possession. To have any other policy as a seller leaves too much to chance, and for a wide range of reasons; things that can impede the merchandise from being provided.

Consignor's remorse: changing their mind or simply not being satisfied with the price. 

Lost in transit/damaged in transit

to name two very possible impediments to a seller fulfilling an order if the item is not in hand and now reliance on the consignor is paramount to the equation. 

That said, my experience with Comic Connect, Heritage, and ComicLink, both buying and selling, has been flawless. IMO, the three are equally the best of the best.  <3  <3  <3

I have never had a problem with them either. But if this person claiming to be an employee is legit then this company has problems and this employee needs fired ASAP. 

Basically said we have held your money hostage. Even though the seller has had 2 months to search for the book there is still 1 place left to check. ( Must be a billionaire with a 128 room house ). So we are going to continue to give this guy time to keep looking for this book which may be stolen. The seller feels terribly bad because he was so anxious to sell you this book that went up a grand in value right after he sold it. If for some reason he doesn't find the book have no worries. We will issue you a full refund in a undisclosed amount of time. 

Ps thanks for the interest free loan. Oh and I won't be back to this forum to respond to your obvious concerns but feel free to contact our customer service. Oh and don't forget to check out our upcoming auction!!!!!

Edited by I_Am_Not_A_Cat
Error

On 5/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, Darkseid of the Moon said:

three times? fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice... etc. i'm hoping you won't be shopping there a fourth time. 

Ok, a lot has been said here, some valid, some less so. 

when you deal with the number of consignors that we do mistakes are sure to happen every now and again. I can only speak for myself, but I have been working on ways to, at the very least, keep them to a minimum. Realistically there’s no way for us to have every consigned book on premises, for a variety of reasons, but the idea to confirm the possession of the book before payment is required is a good one, and I will absolutely pass it along. 

I get that it’s irritating to not get timely responses from customer service, that is not something that I directly have anything’s to do with. My email is micahs@metropoliscomics.com, if anyone wants to contact me directly with any issues I will do my best to resolve them quickly and with as little hassle as possible. 

I do appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. It’s how we work to make improvements, all I ask is for a bit of patience. 

thank you

It sounds like this issue keeps happening. From a business perspective, this should be an easy fix.

Give sellers 7 days to ship the book with tracking or inform you it is lost. Every week after that is 10% off of the original sale price refunded to the buyer at the sellers expense. And if the seller cancels or can't find it, they cover the paypal fees, or CC does. The buyer should NEVER have to cover fees for problems they don't cause or create. Thats just bad business.

See how many books dont get shipped if you do that.

14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

+1  

If you're a seller, taking orders and payments on merchandise not on hand and ready to ship is Russian Roulette. An order is a contract. Once the buyer honors his responsibility to pay, upholding his end of that contract, the seller should be ready to honor his end. The only way this can be assured to go down in that fashion is if the consignor's item is on the seller's possession. To have any other policy as a seller leaves too much to chance, and for a wide range of reasons; things that can impede the merchandise from being provided.

Consignor's remorse: changing their mind or simply not being satisfied with the price. 

Lost in transit/damaged in transit

to name two very possible impediments to a seller fulfilling an order if the item is not in hand and now reliance on the consignor is paramount to the equation. 

That said, my experience with Comic Connect, Heritage, and ComicLink, both buying and selling, has been flawless. IMO, the three are equally the best of the best.  <3  <3  <3

Shortboxed app is the same way, we'll check in with the seller to see if the item is still available?

bennyhill.gif.e14f97e59688d956623df8789f