• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having MAJOR ISSUES WITH COMICCONNECT?
4 4

155 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, HotKey said:

It sounds like this issue keeps happening. From a business perspective, this should be an easy fix.

Give sellers 7 days to ship the book with tracking or inform you it is lost. Every week after that is 10% off of the original sale price refunded to the buyer at the sellers expense. And if the seller cancels or can't find it, they cover the paypal fees, or CC does. The buyer should NEVER have to cover fees for problems they don't cause or create. Thats just bad business.

See how many books dont get shipped if you do that.

This is not a bad idea, I will pass it along. 

Micah, nobody from ComicCONnect has even tried to reach out to me and make this situation right!  I have had to do all the sleuthing for your company's gross negligence!  ComicCONnnect has not even tried to offer me anything as compensation for your "$4500 INTEREST FREE LOAN" that I have provided ComiCONnect with for 2 months now.

On top of that, when ComicCONnect refunded me the money for another book (Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.2) - same exact situation, one of your incompetent customer service people "forgot" to refund me for the tax on the book.  So I had to message them about their "accounting error" and tell them ComiCONnect still owed me tax for the book they could not send.

Most companies with GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE would have done anything and everything to make the customer feel happy.  ComicCONnect has done the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Edited by Darkseid of the Moon
spelling

I'm going to take a "stand" and CHOOSE TO NOT PARTICIPATE in ComicCONnect's upcoming auction.  There are a lot of books that I want, but I REFUSE TO SUPPORT a business built on crappy customer service.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ELSE TO TAKE A STAND WITH ME AND SHOW BIG COMPANIES LIKE THIS - THAT THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!  Let's hit em where it hurts.  Nothing will ever change for the greater good unless we as the general population agrees to take a stand against these type of "TYRANTS".

14 hours ago, Micah S. said:

that is not something that I directly have anything’s to do with.

That is something every customer loves to hear. Does anyone in the history of the world like being told that's not my job or department? Basic customer service that any employee should know. Never ever tell a customer that's not my job or responsibility. 

I would of had this guy taken care of and happy in 2 to 3 minutes. You decided you would reply on here. Reply to other people. A day later reply to more other customers. Next day reply again to other people. All you did was anger the customer more and allowed a opportunity for more people to share their comicconnect horror stories and turn off potential customers. Most people read but never comment. Do you think they are likely to buy from your company after this?

I simply would have called this guy. Told him by this day and time you will either have a tracking number or a full refund. I would bet that would satisfy him. But to seal the deal I would tell him if he gives us another chance his next order no matter how big will ship for free. That would sound good to a customer and will actually make the company more money. Problem solved. Instead of endless horror stories the customer posts comicconnect reached out to me and made things right. Everybody then post good to hear. 

1 hour ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ELSE TO TAKE A STAND WITH

I will never say never. I have bought from them for a long time and never had any issues. But after seeing your story and Micah response I must have just been lucky. With no back photos and stickers on the case I never pay top dollar for books from these auction houses anyways. I will say this. Going forward it will have to be a good price and they will never get a cash payment from me again. They cap credit card transactions so I guess no more big books from comicconnect.

8 minutes ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

That is something every customer loves to hear. Does anyone in the history of the world like being told that's not my job or department? Basic customer service that any employee should know. Never ever tell a customer that's not my job or responsibility. 

I would of had this guy taken care of and happy in 2 to 3 minutes. You decided you would reply on here. Reply to other people. A day later reply to more other customers. Next day reply again to other people. All you did was anger the customer more and allowed a opportunity for more people to share their comicconnect horror stories and turn off potential customers. Most people read but never comment. Do you think they are likely to buy from your company after this?

I simply would have called this guy. Told him by this day and time you will either have a tracking number or a full refund. I would bet that would satisfy him. But to seal the deal I would tell him if he gives us another chance his next order no matter how big will ship for free. That would sound good to a customer and will actually make the company more money. Problem solved. Instead of endless horror stories the customer posts comicconnect reached out to me and made things right. Everybody then post good to hear. 

This^^

Instead, here is a direct copy and paste of what their customer service rep e-mailed to me:

"We are very sorry about the delay for your invoice #155111. We have been in contact with the consignor of the Fantastic Four #45 and they let me know that they have been checking their locations for the book and will check one last spot over this weekend, we will have an answer for you by Tuesday on the status of the book. We do have your order #156602 ready to go but are still waiting to hear back from the consignor for the X-Men #95 on #156683. Do you want us to send the invoice we have ready or wait and combo them?

Thank you,

Skyla Mangine"

What kind of CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS that?  - They should have offered to ship the books that they already have in hand from that order, and send out the X-Men #95 book if they ever get in contact with the seller - free of shipping charges.  Instead, it seems as if they want to charge me separate shipping fees for the X-Men book if they ever even receive it?

NO!  Good Customer service would have offered to ship the books they have on hand, and then offer the X-Men book with free shipping - if they even ever get in contact with another unreliable seller...!

1 hour ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

That all sounds great but  customer service reps can only do what their management allows them. For all we know, events like this are built into their business plan. It's obviously not a rare event. What company would give up an extra $50,000 grand a month in no interest loans until their customers call them on it.  Is it unreasonable to assume this problem isn't exclusive to the OP but almost certainly happens several times each month, especially in today's rising market

I appreciate Micahs efforts to explain his companies policies but no one can sugarcoat this issue.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:20 PM, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Fast forward to May 28th.  I finally receive an email back from them, stating, "We are very sorry about the delay for your invoice #155111. We have been in contact with the consignor of the Fantastic Four #45 and they let me know that they have been checking their locations for the book and will check one last spot over this weekend, we will have an answer for you by Tuesday on the status of the book."

Just a quick status update:

ComicCONnect has still failed to get back to me and have an "answer for me by Tuesday" as they stated in their e-mail.

What a CLOWNSHOW ComicCONnect is!

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE UPSTANDING CITIZENS TO REFRAIN FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM UNTIL THEY GET THEIR "SPOON" TOGETHER!

I imagine the pace of the recent market is causing allot of sellers remorse and books are suddenly go missing. It's strange to me that consignors face no consequences for not fulfilling their obligations. 

I have nothing but good experiences with CC, but this is a big flaw in their business model that needs to be addressed. 

And someone needs to call the OP today and make this right. 

Update: 6-2-21 Called ComicConnect to speak to an actual person about this nightmarish ordeal. 

I pressed the button to speak directly to Vincent Zurzulo.

Instead, got a woman named Kiera who asked why I wanted to speak to Vincent.

Explained the situation, and she went away from the phone to tell Vincent I wanted to talk to him.

She came back and gave me some more BS saying that Vincent was in a "meeting" and she could take a message.

I told her that I have been e-mailing them about the problem for the past month and they take 1 week or longer to respond back to me.  So I said I don't want to leave a message.  I want to talk to Vincent, or I want my $4500 back now.

She then says, "Well, this is the 1st time that I've heard about this."

ComicCONnect is the crappiest Comic Company I have ever dealt with!  Do they even know basic customer service?!?

Vincent needs to take that entire CLOWNSHOW to do some basic customer service seminars or lectures.  They absolutely do not know what customer service is!

Since this is in effect Metropolis, I call and place orders. If it is not in stock, I do not buy the book. I git torqued around like that once with them. The difference between you and I is I waited 10 days then called and asked the perennial question "WTF?"

They said "Consignor blahblahblah and...." YeahNO. I'll choose a different book, then. I have store credit now. Agreed. One you actually have in hand. THIS one. They said it was "In Stock". Yeah? Put me on hold and go put your hand on it. 5 minutes later, Breathless Mahoney got on the phone "YUPPITY! GOT IT!" Coooool.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:05 PM, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Update: 6-2-21 Called ComicConnect to speak to an actual person about this nightmarish ordeal. 

I pressed the button to speak directly to Vincent Zurzulo.

Instead, got a woman named Kiera who asked why I wanted to speak to Vincent.

Explained the situation, and she went away from the phone to tell Vincent I wanted to talk to him.

She came back and gave me some more BS saying that Vincent was in a "meeting" and she could take a message.

I told her that I have been e-mailing them about the problem for the past month and they take 1 week or longer to respond back to me.  So I said I don't want to leave a message.  I want to talk to Vincent, or I want my $4500 back now.

She then says, "Well, this is the 1st time that I've heard about this."

ComicCONnect is the crappiest Comic Company I have ever dealt with!  Do they even know basic customer service?!?

Vincent needs to take that entire CLOWNSHOW to do some basic customer service seminars or lectures.  They absolutely do not know what customer service is!

They are frickin' WEIRD. I called once and actually spoke to Vincent and we chatted awhile about my Bat #9 8.0 in CGC. I decided I'd hang on to it. Didn't want to just give it away, you know?
One month later, he calls my house. I wasn't home but he and my wife talked for an hour on the phone. Nothing funny. Just him trying to talk her into talking ME into giving up the Bat 9. LOL!

So to recap - the consignor has been “checking one more place” for his seller’s remorse book since May 28th, Metro is still keeping your $4500 hostage, and even the secretary is empowered to tell you to get the fudge out.  

Weak sauce.  I’m confident you will EVENTUALLY get your money back, but I doubt Metro will change any of their practices, and I would bet a small sum that Mr. Remorseful will not be subject to any sort of future consignment restrictions.  In fact, I would bet we would find the same book relisted at current market value within the next month.
image.gif.a9fcc422fa90f052585e605af8be7557.gif

I simply track my own orders. A week goes by I call. "How's it goin'? Oh? Not so good? Book hasn't been sent, eh? No communication from the consignor? At all? Cancel. What else have you got ON HAND I could buy?"

Because I have more on my want list than just a book I found on Comicconnect. I got beat out of a really nice 8.0 Bat 227 because the seller hadn't sent it. The reality is he probably sold it for much more than he had it listed for on Comicconnect and it was an older listing.

Two things:
1. A consignor should have to update/be given the ability to update their listings every week. Maybe on a Sunday before the next business week. Don't do it by Sunday evening @ 11:59? Listing(s) automatically deletes. Oh? Too much to ask the consignor? Tough. Doing business is a harsh mistress. Suck it up, Sugar Puss.

2. If a book isn't there, don't buy it and wait. I normally don't order from a website. Only Greg Reece. I call and ask "Is this a consignment? Yeah? Ok. Moving on." It isn't as though the book I want isn't available in 25 other places, you know?

I don't expect next day. I DO expect within 2 weeks. Put it another way: When I have sold books through a ComicLink auction? I get an email telling me "Send the damned book." One time - 2 days after the auction - I got an email that was plainly not a form email. "We haven't received your book yet." I had to laugh as I had sent it that day but the point is they were right on me to send it. Should be the same across all platforms INCLUDING consignors.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

I simply track my own orders. A week goes by I call. "How's it goin'? Oh? Not so good? Book hasn't been sent, eh? No communication from the consignor? At all? Cancel. What else have you got ON HAND I could buy?"

Because I have more on my want list than just a book I found on Comicconnect. I got beat out of a really nice 8.0 Bat 227 because the seller hadn't sent it. The reality is he probably sold it for much more than he had it listed for on Comicconnect and it was an older listing.

Two things:
1. A consignor should have to update/be given the ability to update their listings every week. Maybe on a Sunday before the next business week. Don't do it by Sunday evening @ 11:59? Listing(s) automatically deletes. Oh? Too much to ask the consignor? Tough. Doing business is a harsh mistress. Suck it up, Sugar Puss.

2. If a book isn't there, don't buy it and wait. I normally don't order from a website. Only Greg Reece. I call and ask "Is this a consignment? Yeah? Ok. Moving on." It isn't as though the book I want isn't available in 25 other places, you know?

I don't expect next day. I DO expect within 2 weeks. Put it another way: When I have sold books through a ComicLink auction? I get an email telling me "Send the damned book." One time - 2 days after the auction - I got an email that was plainly not a form email. "We haven't received your book yet." I had to laugh as I had sent it that day but the point is they were right on me to send it. Should be the same across all platforms INCLUDING consignors.

Suggestion #1 is fantastic and easy to implement.

After reading this thread, all I know is that I would never want the OP to purchase from me.  To come on to the boards before they ever tried picking up the phone and complain about how bad Comic Connect is.  And then recount one unreasonable demand/expectation after another.  And half of all his posts are in this thread.  If I were Vincent, I'd refund his money and tell him never to purchase from Comic Connect again.

This isn't the sort of person I give any credence to in assessing the quality of any good or service.  I think they're just here to grind an axe and make those guys look bad.  2c

35 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

After reading this thread, all I know is that I would never want the OP to purchase from me.  To come on to the boards before they ever tried picking up the phone and complain about how bad Comic Connect is.  And then recount one unreasonable demand/expectation after another.  And half of all his posts are in this thread.  If I were Vincent, I'd refund his money and tell him never to purchase from Comic Connect again.

This isn't the sort of person I give any credence to in assessing the quality of any good or service.  I think they're just here to grind an axe and make those guys look bad.  2c

Putting the OP's hyperbole in certain posts aside, this is the crux of it:

"I bought a Fantastic Four #45 CGC 9.2 for $4200 on April 1st.  I sent the a check a few days later as the funds were withdrawn from my account shortly after."

It's now June 4th.  CC still has OP's money.  And apparently CC is still giving Mr. Seller's Remorse over a week to "check one last place" for the book.  Its obvious what's going on here.  

Regardless of when CC was made aware of the issue, once they were, they should have put a hard clock on the situation.  Something like, "If we don't have a resolution from the consignor in five business days, your money will be refunded in full."  And a direct line to ONE customer service person dedicated to the matter would probably go a long way too.

I've never dealt with CC, but I can tell you from an accounting snafu I had with ComicLink (I was consigning books to an auction to pay for an auction win), I was able to resolve it within a day through three emails.  The same could have easily been accomplished with OP's situation.