• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4 1st and 2nd print, what would you rather have?

50 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, wiparker824 said:

If you really want the money book it’s the Djurdjevic 1st print cover which also doesn’t reveal his face and is reaching 10k in a 9.6 now.

1st print newsstand will eventually be the biggest money book, if it isn't already. :foryou:

uf4compare-3.jpg

The June 2020 price for CGC 9.8 UF #4 Djurdjevic variant was an average of $5,750.

Zero sales of CGC 9.8 UF #4 newsstand since June 2020.

UPDATE:  A CGC 9.2 UF #4 Newsstand sold for $7,000 in May 2021.  About the same price as the CGC 9.4 UF #4 Djurdjevic variant 

Edited by valiantman

9 hours ago, valiantman said:

1st print newsstand will eventually be the biggest money book, if it isn't already. :foryou:

uf4compare-3.jpg

The June 2020 price for CGC 9.8 UF #4 Djurdjevic variant was an average of $5,750.

Zero sales of CGC 9.8 UF #4 newsstand since June 2020.

UPDATE:  A CGC 9.2 UF #4 Newsstand sold for $7,000 in May 2021.  About the same price as the CGC 9.4 UF #4 Djurdjevic variant 

However a 9.8 Djurdjevic has sold in 2021 at the March comiclink auction for an astonishing $20K. I highly doubt the normal 1st print will reach that newsstand or not..

10 hours ago, carefulsum said:

However a 9.8 Djurdjevic has sold in 2021 at the March comiclink auction for an astonishing $20K. I highly doubt the normal 1st print will reach that newsstand or not..

I wouldn't count out the newsstand to rival the Djurdjevic in price. People are holding onto both these versions for dear life. I rarely ever see a newsstand listed on ebay

10 hours ago, carefulsum said:

So, you think that a CGC 9.2 selling for $7,000 last month wouldn't be more than $20,000 if a CGC 9.8 came up for sale? hm

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

So, you think that a CGC 9.2 selling for $7,000 last month wouldn't be more than $20,000 if a CGC 9.8 came up for sale? hm

Actually, I don’t think It will fetch over $20k or even come close for that matter. Non-newsstand 9.8 is what..around $3k currently but to pay over $17k premium just to have newsstand IMO is a hard sell.

10 minutes ago, carefulsum said:
21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Actually, I don’t think It will fetch over $20k or even come close for that matter. Non-newsstand 9.8 is what..around $3k currently but to pay over $17k premium just to have newsstand IMO is a hard sell.

I'll have to disagree.  Every time a CGC graded newsstand has sold, it has sold for higher than the Djurdjevic variant in the same grade at that date.  When prices get to $5,000+, buyers tend to know what they're buying.  Using the non-newsstand 9.8 price would be like saying a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 35-cent shouldn't sell for $17,000+ more than a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 30-cent regular.  In reality, a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 35-cent would be $100,000+ more than a 30-cent. 

A CGC 9.8 Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand should easily beat $20,000, if the seller/venue was legit and not some low feedback eBay mystery scammer.

Edited by valiantman

24 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I'll have to disagree.  Every time a CGC graded newsstand has sold, it has sold for higher than the Djurdjevic variant in the same grade at that date.  When prices get to $5,000+, buyers tend to know what they're buying.  Using the non-newsstand 9.8 price would be like saying a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 35-cent shouldn't sell for $17,000+ more than a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 30-cent regular.  In reality, a CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 35-cent would be $100,000+ more than a 30-cent. 

A CGC 9.8 Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand should easily beat $20,000, if the seller/venue was legit and not some low feedback eBay mystery scammer.

Well the Star Wars #1 35-cent is considered a variant right? However, I don't think newsstand is considered a variant but correct me if I'm wrong about that. Also SW#1 35c only had about 1,500 copies ever printed so it's pretty rare not sure how many copies of newsstand UF4#1 was printed.

But hey maybe a 9.8 would sell over $20K, I'm all for it cuz it's a great book and own a few copies of the regular ones myself.

Btw a 9.8 newsstand was sold on June 2020 for $8,100.

Edited by carefulsum

Anyone have an idea as to what the print run numbers might be for the Djurdjevic variant? In terms of pricing, GPA doesn't reflect this but a 9.8 was just purchased for $25k. :shy: Personally, I like the cover better than the standard cover but that's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Timeless icons said:

Anyone have an idea as to what the print run numbers might be for the Djurdjevic variant? In terms of pricing, GPA doesn't reflect this but a 9.8 was just purchased for $25k. :shy: Personally, I like the cover better than the standard cover but that's just my opinion. 

Variant was 1:25, so if you find out the print run for the regular cover, you can do your division :D  

10 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

I thought the last 9.8 was sold in March for $20k from Comiclink, are you talking about that one or this $25k is a different book?

19 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

I thought the last 9.8 was sold in March for $20k from Comiclink, are you talking about that one or this $25k is a different book?

It was a Comicconnect sale that happened this week. The book was listed at 30k and after making an offer and then counter offer, we settled at 25k. 

https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=61694&gsub=3746

Edited by Timeless icons

23 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

It was a Comicconnect sale that happened this week. The book was listed at 30k and after making an offer and then counter offer, we settled at 25k. 

https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=61694&gsub=3746

Congrats on the buyer, this book will always be a sought after and especially the variant IMO. $25k seems a little nuts now but given a long enough time horizon that price might be a steal.

13 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

Congrats on the buyer, this book will always be a sought after and especially the variant IMO. $25k seems a little nuts now but given a long enough time horizon that price might be a steal.

Very strong price considering the UF 4 main cover 1st prints been falling this past week. Last 4 sales went for between 2200-2350… down ~500 from a week prior and the 90 day average. I know the buyer for a 25k book is very different than that for a 2500 dollar book but they typically trend together.

23 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Very strong price considering the UF 4 main cover 1st prints been falling this past week. Last 4 sales went for between 2200-2350… down ~500 from a week prior and the 90 day average. I know the buyer for a 25k book is very different than that for a 2500 dollar book but they typically trend together.

Im not worried. Miles isn't going anywhere. Animated movie, ps5 game and he's a great character imo. I know a few people looking for a copy and with such a small number available in 9.8 in comparison to the standard version,  im confident in the long term. I bought it though because I really like the character and I think he's going to be a meaningful character going forward. It definitely helps that spider-man is the biggest selling back issue. How many times have we all seen a book achieve a strong price and shortly after or somewhere down the road, it seems insanely cheap? In the end though, Its not a flip anyway. I really wanted one for my collection. 

There are also 2864 9.8 of ult 4 regular vs only 166 9.8 variants. While they pop up from time to time, supply vs demand will support the book as it has been steadily. Even if it dips at some point, I believe events in the Miles timeline will propel it right back to new levels of unseen price points. 2c

I also agree with Valiantman. A news stand 9.8 would also crack 20k easy. These two copies are set quite far apart from the standard editions in terms of rarity/value and will likely, always be heavily sought after. Don't get me wrong...ANY copy of Ultimate Fallout 4 is a great book regardless of opinions by a certain site or two that say dump them. Dumping one of the newest key spider-man characters in the last two decades? Nah...i'll hold. lolMany books cool and they also usually come right back up and surpass their previous highs. This isnt directed at anyone on this thread btw...just my general outlook. :foryou:

Edited by Timeless icons

32 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Im not worried. Miles isn't going anywhere. Animated movie, ps5 game and he's a great character imo. I know a few people looking for a copy and with such a small number available in 9.8 in comparison to the standard version,  im confident in the long term. I bought it though because I really like the character and I think he's going to be a meaningful character going forward. It definitely helps that spider-man is the biggest selling back issue. How many times have we all seen a book achieve a strong price and shortly after or somewhere down the road, it seems insanely cheap? In the end though, Its not a flip anyway. I really wanted one for my collection. 

There are also 2864 9.8 of ult 4 regular vs only 166 9.8 variants. While they pop up from time to time, supply vs demand will support the book as it has been steadily. Even if it dips at some point, I believe events in the Miles timeline will propel it right back to new levels of unseen price points. 2c

I also agree with Valiantman. A news stand 9.8 would also crack 20k easy. These two copies are set quite far apart from the standard editions in terms of rarity/value and will likely, always be heavily sought after. Don't get me wrong...ANY copy of Ultimate Fallout 4 is a great book regardless of opinions by a certain site or two that say dump them. Dumping one of the newest key spider-man characters in the last two decades? Nah...i'll hold. lolMany books cool and they also usually come right back up and surpass their previous highs. This isnt directed at anyone on this thread btw...just my general outlook. :foryou:

Yeah, I own 3 copies of cover A didn’t mean to give the impression I thought Miles would depreciate long-term. Long-term yes these books 1st, 2nd, variants, newsstands, will all go up. Miles isn’t going anywhere. Regardless of if Marvel/Disney ever gets the right to him or not. The only trouble you can get into is doing quick flips as there’s still a lot of volatility with these books as is the case with any modern key. But if you’re in it for the long haul it doesn’t much matter. Congrats on your purchase.

10 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah, I own 3 copies of cover A didn’t mean to give the impression I thought Miles would depreciate long-term. Long-term yes these books 1st, 2nd, variants, newsstands, will all go up. Miles isn’t going anywhere. Regardless of if Marvel/Disney ever gets the right to him or not. The only trouble you can get into is doing quick flips as there’s still a lot of volatility with these books as is the case with any modern key. But if you’re in it for the long haul it doesn’t much matter. Congrats on your purchase.

No, I get what you're saying and thats usually the case. If a book dips a bit, sometimes all of their variants dip as well (venom 3).  Im not saying this can't dip since there are no books that are totally immune to that effect. I was just suggesting that while it may seem strong right now from the last 20,150.00 sale, the demand will likely always be there. Prices may fluctuate here or there but I definitely believe 25k will be a gift price in the near future. Not that asking prices translate to factual sales figures but there's a copy on the bay listed at 31k right after this sale it seems. It will be interesting to see where the next few copies land. Now if I can just find a ps5 somehere... I can finally play the game. "Buys expensive book but is too cheap to spring for an E-Bay ps5 😆 Thanks for the congrats on the book. (thumbsu

On 6/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, carefulsum said:

Well the Star Wars #1 35-cent is considered a variant right? However, I don't think newsstand is considered a variant but correct me if I'm wrong about that. Also SW#1 35c only had about 1,500 copies ever printed so it's pretty rare not sure how many copies of newsstand UF4#1 was printed.

But hey maybe a 9.8 would sell over $20K, I'm all for it cuz it's a great book and own a few copies of the regular ones myself.

Btw a 9.8 newsstand was sold on June 2020 for $8,100.

Was doing some research,  I couldn't find much information on UF4 newsstand til i came across these threads,  older thread but great info.   That UF4 9.8 newsstand that sold for $8100 in June 2020 resold months later for $25K,  another UF4 9.8 Newsstand cracking $27K this month 02/2022

On 2/22/2022 at 9:30 PM, Phantomfil said:

Was doing some research,  I couldn't find much information on UF4 newsstand til i came across these threads,  older thread but great info.   That UF4 9.8 newsstand that sold for $8100 in June 2020 resold months later for $25K,  another UF4 9.8 Newsstand cracking $27K this month 02/2022

Where/what venue did it sell for that?  One that can actually be publicly verified this time (as.opposed to the other one you menthoned that also "sold privately")?

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules