• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What can i do if a remark was missed on the labeling?

27 posts in this topic

I bought a Venom 27 SS on ebay. The signature is correctly labeled but the remark done on his face is not labeled even though i think was done the same time the signature was, as a freebie I assume. How do I go about getting this fixed, if at all, so it also reflects the remark/sketch thats on the cover? 

thumbnail_IMG_2578.jpg

Edited by Corners

9 minutes ago, Corners said:

Anyone? Am i being a noob and missing something?

Not sure, never had a not noticed remark, but I would call cgc and talk about a "mechanical error" and they'll address it with pics via email......

As CGC would mainly be the one to talk too, mentioning a "mechanical error" might get the reholder done for free at no cost to you....

I would argue, that if the "remarque" was not "witnessed when the signature happened" that it should be a green qualified label, which would be bad, (green along with the yellow witnessed sig)

They are not going to force you to reholder for green, but try to get some assurance that the "remarque should be marked as witnessed" , and try to get that in writing via email before sending back in..... :tink: 

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not sure, never had a not noticed remark, but I would call cgc and talk about a "mechanical error" and they'll address it with pics via email......

As CGC would mainly be the one to talk too, mentioning a "mechanical error" might get the reholder done for free at no cost to you....

I would argue, that if the "remarque" was not "witnessed when the signature happened" that it should be a green qualified label, which would be bad, (green along with the yellow witnessed sig)

They are not going to force you to reholder for green, but try to get some assurance that the "remarque should be marked as witnessed" , and try to get that in writing via email before sending back in..... :tink: 

Thank you! 

Another member said this " It is not about size, it is about the medium upon which it appears. If it is on a blank, a blank piece of paper, a backing board, or a napkin, it is a sketch. If what is drawn upon already has art on it (a regular comic, poster, promotional piece, animation cel) , then those items have been "re-marked.".

But it seems to be a toss up on who you ask

• Administrator
On 6/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, Ugly Baby said:

What's the difference between a sketch and a remark?

A Remarque is typically a small, quick drawing. Most Remarques are low in detail and only a couple inches in size. A sketch is typically much larger and depending on the artist can be extremely detailed and have color. We try to include examples of our artists Remarques vs. Sketches if both are available.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:45 PM, Corners said:

I bought a Venom 27 SS on ebay. The signature is correctly labeled but the remark done on his face is not labeled even though i think was done the same time the signature was, as a freebie I assume. How do I go about getting this fixed, if at all, so it also reflects the remark/sketch thats on the cover? 

thumbnail_IMG_2578.jpg

I'm really not sure what can be done here.  You have no physical evidence that the remarque was done by who you think it was since you weren't the one to physically witness the signing.  I'm sure you could claim you were there to witness it, but under most circumstances of missed attributions, the person usually contacts CGC immediately and there is a record that the person calling is the same as the person who submitted.  You bought this off of eBay.

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm really not sure what can be done here.  You have no physical evidence that the remarque was done by who you think it was since you weren't the one to physically witness the signing.  I'm sure you could claim you were there to witness it, but under most circumstances of missed attributions, the person usually contacts CGC immediately and there is a record that the person calling is the same as the person who submitted.  You bought this off of eBay.

I was thinking this also. I think the chances of the remark being done before hand and missed by cgc is a real longshot. This is for my pc and i think it looks cool.

I think im going to give what Adamantium recommended first a shot. Either way im good though.

Ty all

1 hour ago, Corners said:

I was thinking this also. I think the chances of the remark being done before hand and missed by cgc is a real longshot. This is for my pc and i think it looks cool.

I think im going to give what Adamantium recommended first a shot. Either way im good though.

Ty all

Yes what I mentioned is worth a shot

I have a book that says there is a witnessed sketch on it

And I cant find it front or back

So idk what I'm supposed to do either lol @ExNihilo

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

3700655_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes what I mentioned is worth a shot

I have a book that says there is a witnessed sketch on it

And I cant find it front or back

So idk what time supposed to do either lol @ExNihilo

3700655_Full_Obv.jpg

3700655_Full_Rev.jpg

Maybe the sketch is the dot at the end of sig lol maybe it takes magnifying glass or microscope to see it clearly lol.if so you have something really unique!

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

Maybe the sketch is the dot at the end of sig lol maybe it takes magnifying glass or microscope to see it clearly lol.if so you have something really unique!

Black light :headbang:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But seriously I have no idea where the dang sketch is, and I scuffed the mylar pretty good trying to get newton rings to go away lol

:ohnoez:

Did you bought it that way thinking there was a sketch or you submited it knowing there was no sketch?

5 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Did you bought it that way thinking there was a sketch or you submited it knowing there was no sketch?

Complicated 

It was a LCS live feed on Facebook at the beginning of covid

He put it up for sale and when he said artgerm sig and sketch, I claimed it before he got out the next sentence of "for the life of him he cant find the sketch"

I would have felt bad if I had unclaimed it etc

And it's a conversation piece, and was price fair enough that I'd make my money back. Since he couldnt find the sketch, he priced it only as a witnessed signature  (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Black light :headbang:

Now i know what i whant for Christmas lol a black light sketch on a dr strange cover that would be trippy or on a sandman cover of a dream of a thousoud cats!that would be legend-wait-for-it-dary LEGENDARY(worship)

2 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:
3 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Researching his signature, I don't see dots at the end perhaps it is supposed to be like a eye?

"Cat Eye"

Interesting! :takeit: