• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

myslabs.com only 1 percent sellers fee
6 6

76 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Appreciate the detailed response. I think most people here are pulling for you. I know I am and probably all sellers are! Best of luck to you man (thumbsu

Thanks so much man, just trying to shoot-straight and be as transparent as possible! I'm the new guy (lol), but there's a great and very genuine handful of guys that really laid the groundwork for this thing. 

Ken, not to take away from what you've accomplished and are looking to do in the future, but

the search function for comics absolutely needs to be more robust.  That's putting it nicely.  And throw in a Watch flag.  Someone should get a talking to, as CEO I guess that would be you?  :baiting:  :bigsmile:

Edited by Dr. Love

21 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Ken, not to take away from what you've accomplished and are looking to do in the future, but

the search function for comics absolutely needs to be more robust.  That's putting it nicely.  And throw in a Watch flag.  Someone should get a talking to, as CEO I guess that would be you?  :baiting:  :bigsmile:

Haha, we definitely have imminent plans to give users the ability to sort/toggle the main feed and or search results at least by (All - Gold - Silver - Bronze - Modern). We'll be doing something similar for our slabbed card and wax categories as well! Beyond that we'll ALWAYS be making additions and or improvements. The only obstacle being time and resource allocation, never ideas and or the will to keep evolving.

Edited by MySlabs

On 6/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, MySlabs said:

These boards and Instagram lack a unified browsing and search mechanism.  Myslabbedcomics offers that

I just visited the site to see what was on there in terms of cgc comics. 

I was really hoping this would be a great alternative to some other sites, but the sites' search and browse functions are terrible at best.  The site doesn't even have a drop down option under "category" for comics...

To me, the #1 most important thing about shopping for anything online is being able to find what I'm looking for.

I just don't get how some of these selling platforms and even big auction houses - lack unified search and browse features. 

How does any business expect to generate profits/sales if they can't even provide a way for customers to find what they're looking for?

28 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

I just visited the site to see what was on there in terms of cgc comics. 

I was really hoping this would be a great alternative to some other sites, but the sites' search and browse functions are terrible at best.  The site doesn't even have a drop down option under "category" for comics...

To me, the #1 most important thing about shopping for anything online is being able to find what I'm looking for.

I just don't get how some of these selling platforms and even big auction houses - lack unified search and browse features. 

How does any business expect to generate profits/sales if they can't even provide a way for customers to find what they're looking for?

Sorry to hear that you found the search in the comics section "terrible at best". We certainly have imminent plans to add a way to toggle results by period (Gold, Silver, Bronze etc). Beyond that in all fairness, I don't see how MySlabs is any worse than finding what you want on Comiclink, ComicConnect, MyComicShop, and or eBay. When I search I simply type in the title and issue (Hulk #181) or simply title (Hulk) and then use the drop-downs to sort by slab type, price, etc. Maybe not ideal, but I don't think "terrible at best" is fair or accurate given how these things are executed in the normal channels folks shop.

Sorry, My comments were initially based on a Google search for: "myslabs"

The Google top search result is a link to Your Home Page.  On Your Home Page, there is only a little black bar that says "Browse Comics"  If You are trying to promote graded comics on your site, it doesn't seem very intuitive to only provide one single button to go to the Comics section...  Do companies (not just Yours) - even pretend like they are End Users and try to simulate how Buyers find what They're looking for?  In other words, search engines and search results are the #1 most important aspect in terms of generating profits...

I had an entire list of recommendations to make the site better, but I just deleted them all because I honestly don't think the site will succeed with it's current Web Design and UI.  I also don't think You will win against future Buyers and PayPal Money Back Guarantee Claims in regards to not accepting returns.

I really want to find another good venue to sell on.  I'm pulling for You and I'm spending my time to write this in hopes that you will take some of my criticism as "constructive".  Best of luck to You and Your Team!

1 hour ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Sorry, My comments were initially based on a Google search for: "myslabs"

The Google top search result is a link to Your Home Page.  On Your Home Page, there is only a little black bar that says "Browse Comics"  If You are trying to promote graded comics on your site, it doesn't seem very intuitive to only provide one single button to go to the Comics section...  Do companies (not just Yours) - even pretend like they are End Users and try to simulate how Buyers find what They're looking for?  In other words, search engines and search results are the #1 most important aspect in terms of generating profits...

I had an entire list of recommendations to make the site better, but I just deleted them all because I honestly don't think the site will succeed with it's current Web Design and UI.  I also don't think You will win against future Buyers and PayPal Money Back Guarantee Claims in regards to not accepting returns.

I really want to find another good venue to sell on.  I'm pulling for You and I'm spending my time to write this in hopes that you will take some of my criticism as "constructive".  Best of luck to You and Your Team!

Listen man, you're 1000% entitled to your opinion. Your experience on the site was what it was and again you're entitled to react and share that as you will. I just felt some of the characterization was unfair especially in the context of how searching on various sites where graded comics are sold is typically executed. That's why I engaged in a bit of friendly debate. If you're genuinely pulling for us, I appreciate that as the company is founded on a premise of doing something good for the hobby and tightening the "spread" for the average collector. 

And search functionality aside...I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan myself so perhaps we can agree there :D

Respectfully,

Ken R

Thanks.

I really am pulling for You and Your site!  I was just saying that trying to find the button to see the graded comics - was hard to find on the Home Page...

I would just place a banner or some kind of big bright text on the main page - saying that MySlabs is now in graded comics...

"Welcome to the Machine".  "Time" to make "Money" for "Us and Them"!

Sorry I sounded a little too critical.  I have "Brain Damage"

Edited by Darkseid of the Moon

1 minute ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Thanks.

I really am pulling for You and Your site!  I was just saying that trying to find the button to see the graded comics - was hard to find on the Home Page...

I would just place a banner or some kind of big bright text on the main page - saying that MySlabs is now in graded comics...

"Welcome to the Machine" My Friend!

Fair points man and I/we genuinely try to take all criticism as constructive.

And sometimes on these boards "Welcome to the Machine" is all too appropriate ;)

A little tough love never hurt anyone (or entity) I guess LoL. 

14 hours ago, Ryan. said:

If all sales are conducted through PayPal by and between buyer and seller then what does the 1% fee actually "buy" the user? 

If the platform were as big as ebay, this would be amazing. It's still early in the game, so the books may sit for a long time. But if they continue to grow, will become a great option for selling. 

On 6/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, MySlabs said:

Fair points man and I/we genuinely try to take all criticism as constructive.

And sometimes on these boards "Welcome to the Machine" is all too appropriate ;)

A little tough love never hurt anyone (or entity) I guess LoL. 

Good for you. Take feedback seriously.

There is a huge niche this website could fill now that Ebay has been terrible to comic sellers.  If you can evolve the platform  and upgrade the website to deal with feedback,  you will become extremely successful.  

@MySlabs

I would like to see titles under each image. Right now you only show the price so i need to click on every image to see what it is. Some comics are obviously recognizable, but some aren't, especially for newer collectors. Just a simple title is enough like "Spider-man 129 CGC 9.0" 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:55 PM, skypinkblu said:

I made a purchase more than a week ago. A friend sent me a link. I never would have found anything on my own. I was a little leery, but the book came very quickly, packaged well. 

However, I have no way to thank the seller. No way to send a note or leave feedback.

So since I was probably only one of a hundred women buying on there;)...please tell the person who sold the Katy Keene, that I said thank you:) 

Hey Katy, glad your book arrived quickly and as described! To thank the seller simply:

Click the "Account Icon" on the top right of the home page ---> Then Click "Transaction History" ---> Seller's email should be visible!