• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

myslabs.com only 1 percent sellers fee
6 6

76 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, MySlabs said:

Hey Katy, glad your book arrived quickly and as described! To thank the seller simply:

Click the "Account Icon" on the top right of the home page ---> Then Click "Transaction History" ---> Seller's email should be visible!

Have you thought about putting in a rating system?

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You mean the ones who don't know that "Katy Keene" is the name of a comic book character, not mine? or others;)?

Lol, sorry read that as "to" Katy Keene as opposed to "the". I wear my "Comic Nerd" badge of honor with pride, but my expertise (and reading) is really Silver and onwards. That said the alliterative nature of that name alone should've set off the warning bells :D

On 6/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, innocuous said:

You have 0% here on the boards, Instagram, FB and smaller sites. How much longer until a 0% competitor comes along? 

people on the boards don't buy much unless it's some rare golden age book, silver age  mega key or just plain dirt cheap that someone can flip for themselves.  No one on the boards is buying a X-Men #1 by Jim Lee for a $150 like they do on eBay.  

On 6/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, Ryan. said:

If all sales are conducted through PayPal by and between buyer and seller then what does the 1% fee actually "buy" the user? 

Obviously the platform that introduced the buyer and seller. Think Autotrader. Not ComicLink. 

On 6/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, MySlabs said:

Hey Katy, glad your book arrived quickly and as described! To thank the seller simply:

Click the "Account Icon" on the top right of the home page ---> Then Click "Transaction History" ---> Seller's email should be visible!

More important than sending an email would be some public feedback rating.  I too made a successful purchase on MySlabs and it would be nice to record such so others would know this seller did well. 

Others have said so, but MySlabs really needs to work out the search function AND you need to rethink the entire all sales are final.  You are using PayPal for payment processing and PayPal doesn't allow that. Everyone involved in the transaction has agreed to PayPal's rules when they signed up so your "rule" is pretty much meaningless.  It would seem to me and many others that MySlabs should simply walk away from this aspect of the transaction. You introduced buyer and seller on your platform. PayPal was used for payment. If there are problems, let buyer, seller and PayPal work it out. 

Thanks Tony! When one views a listing on the item's description page it does show the number of successful MySlabs transactions a seller has. In terms of a full-fledged feedback system a decision was made (before my time) that since bad actors and folks intent on violating the code of conduct aren't going to remain active members that simply displaying the number of successful transactions suffices to show that an individual is a trust worthy, veteran member.

With regard to returns, we make it clear in our Buying and Selling Guidelines that all individual transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of PayPal and that they have the sole ability to reverse as they see fit. That said we feel that "buyers remorse" and or market fluctuations after a transaction aren't acceptable reasons for a return. As a result we reserve the right to suspend members who choose to conduct business in this way. You're certainly entitled to disagree, but I can tell you with 1000% certainty that the overwhelming majority of our members (sellers especially) genuinely appreciate this and cite the most incredible stories of folks abusing eBay, Paypal, and or Credit-card company return/charge-back policies. 

13 hours ago, MySlabs said:

Thanks Tony! When one views a listing on the item's description page it does show the number of successful MySlabs transactions a seller has. In terms of a full-fledged feedback system a decision was made (before my time) that since bad actors and folks intent on violating the code of conduct aren't going to remain active members that simply displaying the number of successful transactions suffices to show that an individual is a trust worthy, veteran member.

With regard to returns, we make it clear in our Buying and Selling Guidelines that all individual transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of PayPal and that they have the sole ability to reverse as they see fit. That said we feel that "buyers remorse" and or market fluctuations after a transaction aren't acceptable reasons for a return. As a result we reserve the right to suspend members who choose to conduct business in this way. You're certainly entitled to disagree, but I can tell you with 1000% certainty that the overwhelming majority of our members (sellers especially) genuinely appreciate this and cite the most incredible stories of folks abusing eBay, Paypal, and or Credit-card company return/charge-back policies. 

Have you thought of sponsoring a forum for a roving band of  misfits ( and Kav) if the Empire shuts us down?

I’m bumping this thread back to the top because I am interested in seeing this website grow in popularity and hope those of us using it could offer insight to future improvements.  My first question is couldn’t there be some “tier” of sellers where one who desires to sell high value items could somehow agree to some sort of escrow or bonding from a 3rd party?

Honestly Greed is a motivator that no site will ever fully control. As mentioned above.

Really which venue offers you the most value, most views and it the best cost for fees?
I don't have the answer because slab selling is very low % of my sales. But I think thats
the question most need to be asking.