• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 282 Variants
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm guessing this has been discussed but I must be using some poor search words as I'm not getting a clear answer.  I also realize this book may be copper and not modern, but it's right on the edge and I'm old, so I'm calling it modern.

With prices on just about everything going bananas lately I was looking at books in my back stock that have been sitting around for awhile, looking for books to sub to CGC.  Had quite a few X-Men 282s, which have really popped in price of late.  Some of the direct market copies have a glossy insert, others do not, but have a postcard in them for Wild Agents of Marvel (WAM).  I see the CGC label says direct market has an 8 page insert, but some of my copies aren't missing the insert, they just never had an insert, just the postcard.  I'm not referring to the newsstand version, I have some of those too, which have neither inside.  These are not gold 2nd prints either.

Does CGC differentiate if it has insert or not on direct market?  One harder to find than the other?  

Edited by RedGiant

Good question, I’d just email Cgc with your pictures and ask

8 hours ago, RedGiant said:

Example pics:

EBE15C7C-D5D7-4E97-B976-27FA3A4AD46D.thumb.jpeg.82c8e1a40ec13fdf18ed8b88ad86878f.jpeg
3BF8CBA4-F246-4D25-8D93-D05FE257FF2A.thumb.jpeg.e66b041fc993e5b5ec79c9c02bb91a82.jpeg

I would be curious to know the outcome because I had this book signed back in the day from a local comic shop - came with a COA etc and sent it in to CGC expecting a 9.6+ green label and got back a 6.5 because it said it was missing the insert. I had assumed the shop just took it out themselves (I never did) but if they were buying them in bulk for this signing and there's some that never came with the insert then...