• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comic Art Show
4 4

264 posts in this topic

435d9ce7-1c90-4e41-9c5f-fca2f4004491.png
a4e2d4d6-973d-7708-b468-a667551146a8.jpg

THREE OF THE TOP COMIC ART DEALERS HAVE COME TOGETHER TO CREATE THE VERY BEST CLAIM SHOW:

THE DEALMAKERS!

OFFERING FUN...AND THE FINEST FAIRLY PRICED COMIC ART!

YOUR HOST:

WILL GABRI-EL - COMIC ART PAGE
de124236-011f-9ad8-0cb9-179b09d8eda6.png

THE DEALERS:

GLEN BRUNSWICK - PANEL PAGE ART
b3293de2-c4de-bfc9-2c08-fffa78deedf2.jpg

VS.

BECHARA MAALOUF - NOSTAGIC INVESTMENTS
61f8c1eb-5c9c-427c-7cbe-2a06f0f3fa41.jpeg

ALL THREE DEALERS WILL DISCUSS THE DEBUT OF THIS PHENOMENAL SHOW AND HIGHLIGHT SOME OF THEIR FAVORITE ARTWORKS.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE AT ALL!

I MEAN, REALLY YOU DON'T!!!

THURSDAY, JUNE 3RD AT 6 PM EST.

SHOW LINK:
www.dealmakersofcomicart.com

DEALMAKERS FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/Dealmakers-Of-Comic-Art-105856501702162

apropos of nothing...whatever happened to Conrad E? He was in bad shape when I first met him...he would be perfect for one of these! He had great art but was in horrible physical shape, I watched him lie under his table all day set up across from me at comic art con.

3 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

No competition

I almost cracked that the dealers saw you sell your art and said "If he can make $10K then anyone can do this, let's break off and do our own!"

But that would have been mean.

Edited by Bird

It’s all about value, specifically compelling prices. It took a few episodes for Mike and Anthony to price closer to market to sell in 30 seconds instead of 30 days (if ever) on their websites, they eventually got to ~50% sell thru rate.  Excited to see how Glen and Bechara approach pricing for these early shows.   :popcorn:

Edited by GreatEscape

I don't have a YouTube account so I don't chime in (or buy) on any Comic Art Live shows.  For me, Dueling Dealers has a certain level of entertainment value outside of the opportunities to buy art.  I wouldn't say there's "chemistry".  But DD definitely keeps you coming back for more.  And it's been brought up a couple times that both dealers have sufficient inventory to carry the shows from one week to the next.  I think having "guest" dealers is fun but it seems to be a lot of work (e.g. coming up with memes). 

To sum up, I think Dueling Dealers is fun to watch and it's not just about buying or selling art.  It'll be tough to match.

Not gonna lie when I read the title I got very excited. I thought there was going to finally be a new live show/con not on the very edge of the country and more towards the middle (where likely a majority of art collectors like me live).

I still wish there was an official Comicartfans.com convention somewhere near Chicago (or there abouts) that could convince some folks not in the NYC or LA corridors to come out and showcase their wares.

Funny, I had the exact same thought zhamlau when I saw the thread title.  I remember on Comicartlive a few months back there was a brief discussion about the desire for a Midwest show.  Hoping it can come to fruition. 

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The more the merrier, I say. 

If I was a dealer, and saw a successful sales channel like Dueling Dealers allowing for additional sales every week, I'd want to get in on that too. But with DD seemingly reserved only for Burkey and Anthony, I'd find the most expedited way to replicate it. Copying is the greatest form of flattery...

I don't begrudge the Dealmakers in what they're doing, as they are merely responding to the marketplace, until we hit full saturation and eventually over-saturation. I am curious if they can replicate the model of reducing prices until they hit current FMV to get sales, as my impression is that they have a smaller inventory and therefore less product turnover than Anthony or Burkey, plus there's a tendency for these dealers to set a price that can only be characterized as the projected value two years from now (Breyfogle Detective for $15k?). So let's see what happens. I'm rooting for them, am ready to type "CLAIM" and am particularly happy to see our European friends finally get better hours for a claims show. GLTA!

Bob

36 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

If I was a dealer, and saw a successful sales channel like Dueling Dealers allowing for additional sales every week, I'd want to get in on that too. But with DD seemingly reserved only for Burkey and Anthony, I'd find the most expedited way to replicate it. Copying is the greatest form of flattery...

I don't begrudge the Dealmakers in what they're doing, as they are merely responding to the marketplace, until we hit full saturation and eventually over-saturation. I am curious if they can replicate the model of reducing prices until they hit current FMV to get sales, as my impression is that they have a smaller inventory and therefore less product turnover than Anthony or Burkey, plus there's a tendency for these dealers to set a price that can only be characterized as the projected value two years from now (Breyfogle Detective for $15k?). So let's see what happens. I'm rooting for them, am ready to type "CLAIM" and am particularly happy to see our European friends finally get better hours for a claims show. GLTA!

Bob

Is plagiarism flattery? Is calling your imitation "the very best claim show" flattery? "Copying is the greatest form of flattery" is somehow meant to make everyone feel better about it. Maybe...but really only if the source is acknowledged. Otherwise, it's a ripoff.

This is a ripoff.

I really shouldn't have been shocked by the shamelessness of it all, but still amusing to be told to hang on while they went over the format of the show. Which was a verbatim replica of Bill's show. Presented as if this was totally new and novel. And not something we've all already seen before from someone else. Only instead of rounds, they're "levels". Instead of a recap, it's a "bonus round". Oh, and it will be a pseudo-competition with a "winner" and a "loser". So totally different, not the same thing at all! But unlike "other" shows (gee, I wonder which other show), this one will be more serious and not so funny. Actually, this was quite funny...

You're welcome to root for them. Enjoy your Big Mic. I'll root for those with original ideas. I don't root for knockoffs.

Nah. This is like watching sports. Missing the point if you are critiquing the format, rules and label.

This is all about the unique items and events that go down live on each individual night.