• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #10 9.8

11 posts in this topic

God knows! Here's the only record I have that's close:

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #10 CGC 9.6

$8,877.77 MAY-07-02

I would guess 30K for a 9.8.

As for the 9.6's, I wouldn't think 1 9.8 would have much of an impact. This is not exactly a book where the 9.6's are shuffled around every week. It's an early Spidey, which means most 9.4+ copies are usually purchased to be locked in collections or for long term investing. For the few who have the means to activley pursue and purchase the best, an existing 9.8 would definetly have an effect on their psychy(sp?), but in general I don't think it would de-value them. Now, if 3 9.8's or possibly even 2 suddenly showed up, that would be a different story. Usually with books with only 1 top graded copy, people usually consider it unavailable, but add 2 more, or even 1, and it gives the impression that there may be a sporting chance in aquiring one. FF 55 is an example. There are a few 9.6's, no 9.8's and 1 9.9(!). So I think most consider the 9.6 the highest atainable copy.

I think it could go for $12,000-$15,000.

No way man. Consider that the highest graded copy of issue 5 sold for 30K+, and that was a 9.6. People pay for the number, so a 9.8 on an early Spidey would hit at least 30K as well.

I would say $25K at least.

Could go much higher depending on who steps up to the plate at the time.

I certainly would love to see the book, although I must say #10 is not one of my favourite Ditko covers.

The only Spidey under #20 I've seen sell in 9.8 or better was that CGC 9.9 Spidey 19, which sold for $17,250. Overstreet value on #10 is about triple that of #19. Obviously for books of this high grade Overstreet is out the window, but many people still use it as a base value from which they decide what type of multiple they will pay. Other general indicators from the last few months include two Spidey #10 CGC 9.6s which both sold for around $10K and the two Spidey 14s in CGC 9.6 which sold for $20K and $23K.

I'll go with around $20K to $25K...the book isn't important enough to crack much higher than that.