• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS ruined a golden age gem
3 3

149 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's the sticker "received in damaged condition" about?

He gave it to the post office like that ?  :insane:

I got my answers in the last couple of posts.....

In the grade its in...with a pressing or 2 and you wont lose much of the grad at least,plus a claim on insurance.you might end up with a little profit  thats if you can keep the book after insurance claim.

30 minutes ago, Gary Strange said:

The seller is giving me a full refund. I think if he wants to send it back to CGC for a press and regrade it might still be salvageable. But it ain’t gonna be a 5.0 again. 

That's great news.  :foryou:  A real bummer about the book but glad the seller is not making it difficult.

This example is my I have insurance on my collection through Collectibles Insurance Services (https://collectinsure.com/). As long as I ship a package with signature required through USPS or FedEx, they will take care of you when damage occurs. Fortunately, I have never had to file a claim. I am sure there are others that have been helped by this company.

Edited by Math Teacher

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Looks like the sorting machine did this, I would have refused the delivery. Then make the seller deal with the USPS.

Is there a way to refuse delivery if the postman comes while you're at work? So far I've had no problems, but it's only a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

This example is my I have insurance on my collection through Collectibles Insurance Services (https://collectinsure.com/). As long as I ship a package with signature required through USPS or FedEx, they will take care of you when damage occurs. Fortunately, I have never had to file a claim. I am sure there are others that have been helped by this company.

This is correct.  It is kind of funny that UPS is conspicuously left off the list.

33 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Is there a way to refuse delivery if the postman comes while you're at work? So far I've had no problems, but it's only a matter of time.

I've done it before-got a package and the next day when i saw my postman gave it to him and said I refuse delivery.  It was no problem.

49 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Well if it was left on the doorstep that’s a high dollar book that I wouldn’t send out without signature confirmation. To risky, I do it on a $200 book.

18 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

USPS should have just thrown it in the garbage and say they lost it.

***That's better than admitting something like this happened in their care

Exactly! This is an embarrassment if you ask me.

I wish I could say I've never seen something that bad before.  All I can claim is that it's rare in my experience... and luckily, I was only dealing with a book under $50 with international shipping, not a classic EC book like that. To the seller's credit, they quickly gave me a full refund.  I still have no clue what the heck could have done damage like that:

d.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

11 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I wish I could say I've never seen something that bad before.  All I can claim is that it's rare in my experience... and luckily, I was only dealing with a book under $50 with international shipping, not a classic EC book like that. To the seller's credit, they quickly gave me a full refund.  I still have no clue what the heck could have done damage like that:

d.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Yeah that book was attacked by Wolverine.

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

d.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

When I looked at the first image, I thought you were gonna tell us that you just received a package shipped two years ago.