• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS ruined a golden age gem
3 3

149 posts in this topic

Did the insurance go up from $50 to $100?  I thought Priority was insured for $50. 

I was also under the impression it only covered up to the purchase price so if you paid $17.76 and the package was lost, you only got the $17.76, not $50 or $100.  Am I mistaken?

11 hours ago, shadroch said:

Did the insurance go up from $50 to $100?  I thought Priority was insured for $50. 

I was also under the impression it only covered up to the purchase price so if you paid $17.76 and the package was lost, you only got the $17.76, not $50 or $100.  Am I mistaken?

You are not.  It is up to 50.00 unless you pay for more.

3 hours ago, Gary Strange said:

The really crazy part of this whole thing is that I sent the book back to the seller in a new box with extra support, and that box was crushed by the post office AGAIN on the way back! 

Really glad this one made it to me undamaged. 

9E5549C6-5578-49E9-8D31-C0BE2A0334F7.thumb.jpeg.5fe14dcf23b447147b9a63cbe94d6519.jpeg

That would seem that there’s either a problem with either yours or his postal center. Growing up with a friend who’s dad was a post master I learned that there are some offices that experience more theft or abuse with packages due to the work environment that’s allowed to go on. Also knew a guy who worked at UPS years ago who gave me an earful at what goes on there. Not pretty. Hope for your sake it’s on his end. I worked with a dealer from New York before who’s local office was just terrible with theft. He started driving extra miles to another office to mail his stuff…

On 6/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, Jemin said:

You are not.  It is up to 50.00 unless you pay for more.

For certain sellers on eBay it has gone up to $100 as shown in my screenshot.  eBay has to consider you a seller in good favor.   I have collected on it twice. 

To @shadroch when you make a claim they ask you to provide screenshots from the realized eBay listing or an invoice.  They pay whatever the price of the item was up to $100 but not including the cost of shipping itself.  The insurance covers the item not the cost to ship it. 

On 6/6/2021 at 6:49 PM, reptilekingdie said:

Same here, looks like someone chewed on it. Bronze, I was told it’s registered Mail supposed to be in someone’s hands at all times!?!’ If someone’s hands were crusher!

D44D60B9-FE52-472C-9D65-63EA1BC66C50.jpeg

ADEE8F7A-E127-470A-A48D-E6E2EB267930.jpeg

BB59F7EA-961E-4076-AEBC-F88250D5FD26.jpeg

Update

As I foretold the USPS would attempt to weasel there way out of paying the insurance claim. Behold they did deny the claim and now the seller had to file an appeal. The claim was for $8000 so I would recommend not using if your sending in there boxes use if you have in a CGC box. Sue the USPS for bad faith but with such resources they have, would it be worth it 🧐. Nothing but f$cking weasels. 

Wow, these are some truly terrifying examples.  @Gary StrangeGlad to hear you got your issue resolved by the seller. @reptilekingdieI hope you get resolution to your satisfaction.  :wishluck:

While I've not had anything as horrific as these examples, I did recently have a delivery that could have gone horribly wrong if not for the seller's awesomely secure packaging, which consisted of box-in- box packing with bubble wrap taped securely around everything.  This prevented damage and theft from a clear "poke and pull" attempt. You can see in the picture that someone clearly cut a square shape through both boxes in an attempt to get to the contents.  The packing made it impossible to see/ steal anything from the package, and also prevented any damage to the mags.  There was no note of the damaged box or label indicating any damage, they just folded back the cutout and delivered the package as if nothing was wrong.  Think i'm gonna check on how the big auction houses handle these situations...

20210612_122324.jpg

Anyone else find it ironic that this " horror " happened to a TALES FROM THE CRYPT comic ...... you can almost hear the ghouLunatics   ( the crypt-keeper , the vault-keeper & the old witch ) laughing in the background 

On 6/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, N e r V said:

That would seem that there’s either a problem with either yours or his postal center. Growing up with a friend who’s dad was a post master I learned that there are some offices that experience more theft or abuse with packages due to the work environment that’s allowed to go on. Also knew a guy who worked at UPS years ago who gave me an earful at what goes on there. Not pretty. Hope for your sake it’s on his end. I worked with a dealer from New York before who’s local office was just terrible with theft. He started driving extra miles to another office to mail his stuff…

I was a maintenance mechanic at a UPS in nyc back in the mid 90s and I can’t tell you the amount of damaged items I found stuck between conveyor belts and even under the tires of delivery trucks. Multiply that 10x for the holiday season