• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Whole Ewart thing... Please explain it to me slowly.....

11 posts in this topic

OK. I have been reading many of the Ewart posts. Things don't look good for him at all. But, O.J. and Robert Blake looked to be in trouble and they are both free men..Some of threads have 150 plus pages. Lots of back and forth. Can someone give me the "readers Digest" condensed version. Just the simple facts...Please. Lay it on me!

What is he actually accused of doing?

How many times does it look like he did it?

How much money are we talking about here(losses)?

Where do we go from here? What happens next?

Thanks...

Jason is accused of intent to defraud comic buyers by submitting numerous trimmed comics to CGC for encapsulation/grading. It is not illegal to submit restored (or in this case, defaced) comics, but there is a demonstrated intent to trim the books without disclosure for purposes of financial gain. He has subsequently been banned by CGC from submitting any books in the future.

How many times does it look like he did it?

Unclear at this point. CGC has publicly stated a time frame of the last 6-7 months as a window for possibly trimmed submissions. Maybe dozens, maybe hundreds...

How much money are we talking about here(losses)?

Also unclear, but it certainly ranges in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Where do we go from here?

Various people in the hobby (CGC, collectors, dealers) need to work together to weed out the affected books, and hopefully prevent this from ever happening again.

What happens next?

Ewert will be drawn and quartered at a special presentation during sneak preview night of next year's San Diego Comic-Con International. Tom Brulato, Steve Borock, Doug Schmell and Bob Storms will provide the horses. Fan favorite guest artist Sergio Aragones will provide the "drawing".

Thanks...

thumbsup2.gif

What happens next?

Ewert will be drawn and quartered at a special presentation during sneak preview night of next year's San Diego Comic-Con International. Tom Brulato, Steve Borock, Doug Schmell and Bob Storms will provide the horses. Fan favorite guest artist Sergio Aragones will provide the "drawing".

I was think that his man hood could be trimmed first. 893whatthe.gif

What am I say, he obviously doesn't have any left. tongue.gif And I have to believe that his balls are in hiding.

Jason is accused of intent to defraud comic buyers by submitting numerous trimmed comics to CGC for encapsulation/grading.

Can someone explain this to me please.

Did the guy trim the comics and then submit to CGC?

Or did he; send the comics in first, get um back, and then broke the CGC case open, and resubmitted to CGC?

Jason is accused of intent to defraud comic buyers by submitting numerous trimmed comics to CGC for encapsulation/grading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone explain this to me please.

Did the guy trim the comics and then submit to CGC?

Or did he; send the comics in first, get um back, and then broke the CGC case open, and resubmitted to CGC?

Let's just say that some of the books were bought by someone (apparently JE) already CGC'd. They were then removed, trimmed and then resubmitted by Jason. Therefore the assumption (which would appear to be reality) is that Jason either trimmed the books himself or sent them to someone else to trim.

Of course he is denying that he had them trimmed. That said, if you look at a long batch of books he has submitted (about 100), seven came back trimmed. The concern (and rightfully so) is how many books did CGC miss the trim.

There are three to four sure misses, and most likely many more (10,20, 100 no one knows just yet).

Let's just say

Thanks for the explaination. I just didn't have the energy to go through all those posts on this matter.

Sounds like this could easily go to court and end up as one of those CLASS ACTION things. Depends on who lost what on all this.

Has any of this been reported to officials like the F.B.I.

It is illegal what was done.

Has anyone contacted Ewert?

Yes, he even posted to the FF3 thread.

Does he know he's in trouble?

I'm sure he does now that CGC has banned him

Has he admitted to the accusations?

No

Should we believe this Brulato guy that he didnt know what Ewert was doing?

Maybe -- dunno him personally but many of the BSDs here say he's on the up and up.