• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGT.FURY and HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #1 Club
3 3

72 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, Mmanick said:

I'll take an updated one at some point. The Nick fury 1 is a 6.0 signed by steranko now and the st 135 is a graded 7.0

received_954749565214461.jpeg

received_478597190612964.jpeg

received_654923032474904.jpeg

received_696001594933532.jpeg

nfshield1cgc6.thumb.jpg.fdad9ffeae4c8bcbef5f1e3ca1d7f54e.jpg

2B16F597-0411-498C-BB76-6812D69A4AAD.thumb.jpeg.d6418bd83bbcc54fa6ad0799ef7a8cc6.jpeg

The box art is classic too! Marvel Milestones put out some classics in its day and this is one of them!

On 7/2/2022 at 5:50 AM, bronze johnny said:

The box art is classic too! Marvel Milestones put out some classics in its day and this is one of them!

Absolutely it is. I was tempted to grab the sideshow piece but loved the classic look of the MM and have always liked the Nick fury 4 cover. It's probably my favorite Nick fury cover. I have it signed by Jim on the right side of the pic. I actually met Jim that day and he was an awesome stand up guy.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, Mmanick said:

Absolutely it is. I was tempted to grab the sideshow piece but loved the classic look of the MM and have always liked the Nick fury 4 cover. It's probably my favorite Nick fury cover. I have it signed by Jim on the right side of the pic. I actually met Jim that day and he was an awesome stand up guy.

Check out the Avengers 4 Cap statue done by Marvel Milestones- best version of Kirby’s Cap! 

On 7/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, Mmanick said:

Sterenko's signature is a work of art in itself. I had him sign some early Fury books for my kids. 

I don't know if they'll grow up to appreciate them, but I enjoyed meeting Jim and chatting for a minute. 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, Mmanick said:

Yeah he's a great guy. Love that cover #4 is my favorite Nick fury steranko

Agent of Shield was one of the first SA runs I ever collected. For one, it was more affordable than other big marvel titles. But secondly, the art on those early Sterenko covers was terrific.  

I sold the run many years ago, but I still have some low grade readers of a handful of them. 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, KCOComics said:

Agent of Shield was one of the first SA runs I ever collected. For one, it was more affordable than other big marvel titles. But secondly, the art on those early Sterenko covers was terrific.  

I sold the run many years ago, but I still have some low grade readers of a handful of them. 

That early run of Nick Fury was amazing. For me the #4 will always stand out as my favorite of the bunch but they all had special covers on them. 

On 7/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, Mmanick said:

That early run of Nick Fury was amazing. For me the #4 will always stand out as my favorite of the bunch but they all had special covers on them. 

There should be a thread exclusively on the Nick Fury run!

I gave a friend a copy of Sgt. Fury 1, back when a low grader went for $30.

He recently mentioned that he planned to give it back to me someday. I had to explain to him that it’s no longer the sort of thing that people in our financial class give away. 

Edited by KirbyJack

On 8/17/2022 at 4:17 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Thanks. Yep, I think it might be a 9.6.

Yes. Totally! I've been on the hunt for one and I have never seen on as beautiful as that. They are always beat up to hell. What's the story? Did you buy it off the rack cause that is what I'm thinking.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, APDallas said:

Yes. Totally! I've been on the hunt for one and I have never seen on as beautiful as that. They are always beat up to hell. What's the story? Did you buy it off the rack cause that is what I'm thinking.

Nope, if I remember right, there was a LCS that either the owner was selling his personal collection of Strange Tales or he had bought a run. I bought quite a few from him, including a 9.6 #126. Early 1990s.

On 8/20/2022 at 11:14 AM, WernerVonDoom said:

Nope, if I remember right, there was a LCS that either the owner was selling his personal collection of Strange Tales or he had bought a run. I bought quite a few from him, including a 9.6 #126. Early 1990s.

Wow! Such good timing. Those early strange tales seemed really prone to marvel chipping.