• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: ASM 361
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I am trying to learn how to grade and have this at a 9.6 due to the slight ding on the rear bottom edge and ever so slight non-color breaking spine stresses. Can't find any other noticeable defects but curious about the very slight mis-stapling and how that might affect the grade. From what I read if it's no minor it would have very little impact if any. Would you have a book like this pressed no matter what?

IMG_4739.JPEG

IMG_4735.JPEG

IMG_4736.JPEG

IMG_4737.JPEG

IMG_4738.JPEG

IMG_4742.JPEG

InkedIMG_4743_LI.jpg

IMG_4744.JPEG

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

You managed to wait almost 24 hours before bumping!!!  Well done!!! :golfclap:

Welcome to the boards!!! :banana:

Does that little 'nick' on the BC bottom edge show on the inside pages as well?  Could be a production issue. (shrug)

Thanks, I didn't want to seem greedy, hahaha. Wish I would have found this forum sooner.

It does show on the inside of the back cover also and looks like it could be production related. There are gripper holes on the interior rear pages although they don't line up to that tear on the back cover. 

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

40 minutes ago, spidergoose said:

Thanks, I didn't want to seem greedy, hahaha. Wish I would have found this forum sooner.

It does show on the inside of the back cover also and looks like it could be production related. There are gripper holes on the interior rear pages although they don't line up to that tear on the back cover. 

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

Yeah, it looks production...not sure why it doesn't line up with the interior page.  One more question...those vertical lines near the FC right page edge.  They look like stacking rubs or just light ink wear.  See those? (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

9.4+

Copies of this issue have those ...call them "bindery ticks or nicks" I guess, to varying degrees. And yours is well-placed on the back cover. Minor color rub seems to be the only other issue.

Nice copy. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks folks. I have a second copy which doesn't have the bindery ticks issue and in very similar condition to the other copy expect for a couple of issues, one the BC bottom left (which I think can be pressed away) and a slight tear where one of the staples is. Will be interesting to get your opinion on this one two since I am having both P&C and graded and will report back. I have this copy at a 9.6 as is.

IMG_4796.JPEG

IMG_4797.JPEG

IMG_4798.JPEG

IMG_4799.JPEG

IMG_4800.JPEG

IMG_4801.JPEG

IMG_4802.JPEG

IMG_4803.JPEG

IMG_4804.JPEG

IMG_4805.JPEG

IMG_4806.JPEG

IMG_4807.JPEG

IMG_4808.JPEG

I think the first copy has a shot at 9.6 as I count 2 ticks.  If there are more, you’ll be at 9.4.

2nd copy will need a good press on that edge.  It should be fine.  I can’t see the tear.  So 9.8 imo pending that tear.  tears will not grade well if it’s there.

I never suggest 9.8 because I feel I cannot grade that unless book is in hand.

Production tears on the first pic for sure...not sure if CGC allows or not. They are supposed to on some things but something they don't

On the second, def get pressed. I will say 9.4 on both minimum with no surprise if either came back 9.6 or better.