• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about error/not error

3 posts in this topic

Hey, I just got viewed images of my graded submission and have a question about one of the cards. It's cert # 3842751004, my Japanese Blastoise. It was graded as a normal card, which is not what I was expecting.  I just want to check that the error was spotted because it is very easy to miss without a direct comparison with another of the same card. I think the card is a low/no red ink error (and maybe even green), which can be seen with the ability text. But I'm no expert; I'll 100% respect whatever judgement y'all render. I was just taken off guard by the regular grade and want to be thorough given the potential value of the card. 

I've attached a picture of the card and a comparison pulled off the internet. 

CGC3842751-004_REV (1).jpg

CGC3756761-039_REV.jpg

• Administrator

The surface grade is so low because the graders determined that the card is unfortunately sun-faded, not an error. 

3 hours ago, PaulS. said:

The surface grade is so low because the graders determined that the card is unfortunately sun-faded, not an error. 

Awesome, thank you! That answers my question.