• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk Return Slab Damages/Dings/Scratches/etc.
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Just got a 54 bulk card sub back the other day in this same packaging and about 15 have some kind of obvious scuffing. Attempting to wipe at the scuff mark with a micro fiber cloth has resulted in the debris leaving micro scratches in the surface around the scuffed area.

Contacted customer service by phone and they advised me to email photos of the issues

The other thing is there is SO MUCH CARDBOARD DUST. Every single card is completely coated in tiny bits of cardboard, and the surface of the slab is so soft that its easy to leave hairline scratches just by wiping it off, so I ended up using an air duster to blow it away first.

3789468019 Scuff.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 10:39 PM, bsoken said:

Just got a 54 bulk card sub back the other day in this same packaging and about 15 have some kind of obvious scuffing. Attempting to wipe at the scuff mark with a micro fiber cloth has resulted in the debris leaving micro scratches in the surface around the scuffed area.

Contacted customer service by phone and they advised me to email photos of the issues

The other thing is there is SO MUCH CARDBOARD DUST. Every single card is completely coated in tiny bits of cardboard, and the surface of the slab is so soft that its easy to leave hairline scratches just by wiping it off, so I ended up using an air duster to blow it away first.

3789468019 Scuff.jpg

@PaulS. Any update on this ongoing problem? If someone at CGC locked you guys into a long-term deal on these cardboard slits that can't be removed from the shipping process, then just charge us to individually sleeve our slabs like your competitors do.

To reiterate, the cardboard slits are damaging bare slabs. And the poster here highlighting the DUST and the micro scratching is 100% right, not to mention the dings. 

@PaulS.Im one of the customers who could care less about TaT because I know you guys are swamped, but if I wait a year for my cards to come back; and they have obvious scuffing because of packaging, I'm going to cry. :cry: Please bring this thread up with the team and fix this ASAP. Thank you :(

• Administrator

I will send this to our operations team to investigate. Some of it appears to be dust from the insert dividers, which we are already in the process of changing. 

Thank you,

Paul

I contacted CGC when I got my cases back damaged and sent them back to be re-cased. It's been 30 days since they received them. Still "scheduled for grading". Madness that I had to wait as long as I did to get them back the first time. But now, they cheap out on their packing materials and now I'll probably be waiting another 90 business days.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:11 PM, BeebMoosh said:

I contacted CGC when I got my cases back damaged and sent them back to be re-cased. It's been 30 days since they received them. Still "scheduled for grading". Madness that I had to wait as long as I did to get them back the first time. But now, they cheap out on their packing materials and now I'll probably be waiting another 90 business days.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about. That I'm going to wait a year, and get back 2k slabs that are damaged and have to be sent back for another year. Lol - Keep us updated; hoping for the best for ya. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

It takes over 3 months to get stuff fixed FYI..... been there, doing it again now with labeling errors....

Part of the reason I used CGC was because the slabs came back in foam. Now they changed that if that causes damage then we are going to have a big problem.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:11 AM, Kusig said:

Part of the reason I used CGC was because the slabs came back in foam. Now they changed that if that causes damage then we are going to have a big problem.

The problem is already out there. I've seen scuff marks on slabs on Ebay and even someone selling slabs on Facebook saying scuffs on slabs were from shipping, not their fault.

To be fair, only about 6 of my last 190 bulk order had scuffing on them. The tighter fit in the shipping box seemed to keep them from moving around so much. The open slots space with my 33 card economy order allowed the slabs to shift around and rub against the flimsy cardboard dividers in the box, which is why 16 of those had scuffing and dings. I've spent hours polishing those with the PlastX clear plastic cleaner and polisher that was recommended on the other thread. It has helped, and at least makes the whitish look of the scuffs and dings more transparent, so they aren't quite so noticeable. I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of sending them back. But it is especially disappointing when the scuffs are on the card face, where the artwork is.
I hope CGC figures out something soon. Too late for me though, but it is what it is.

I have the same issue on a number of my 80 some card bulk order. Has anyone had any luck with polishing the marks off?

I saw somewhere PolyWatch polish might work? But it's recommended for acrylic watch crystals, and the outer well of CGC cases are Styrene-Acrylonitrile I believe?

Anyone try toothpaste? lol

I don't feel like sending these slabs back and waiting on CGC