• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 6:53 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I once got a shipment from them where it was clear to me that all of the incentives had been dropped as a group together prior to packing, because they were all busted in the same corner and there was no obvious issue with the box itself. I guess they figured that I wouldn't notice. More recently I've been having issues where a shipment will come in totally unbagged.

I recall also receiving a shipment, perhaps two, from them perhaps when they were in TN or soon after relocating back to IN where at least one of the comic book bags had been dropped, as you note, prior to packing. I don't recall ever receiving comic books that had not been collected into a single bag. However, it may have happened and I just don't recall it; I may be blocking it from my memory. In sum, DCBS quality has, in my experience, gone to pot over the last approximately eight years.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:11 PM, PeterPark said:

Has anyone gotten the first seven days from DCBS yet? My shipment of 4 copies is marked filled but has not been sent yet...

Mine looks to have shipped today from DCBS. 

So I was away from the hobby during the bad idea became a thing - are any of the stories any good?  Some of their PR stunt stuff almost seems like conceptual art - an idea about the medium more than the actual medium (a good story and art). 

A customer who had their merch told me this was the new Black Mask at my LCS - I remember Black Mask being built on some of the best comics of those years. Maybe I’m missing the point in this ultra modern variant world but if the comics aren’t good I don’t fully get it. But they did name themselves Bad Idea so touché maybe…

Reading more through this thread their concepts both annoy and impress me. They are definitely deconstructing/playing around with a lot of the factors that drive a set of current collectors (the blank cgc slabs irritate me but some would call that post modern art) - and looking at the Kickstarter and eBay it all seems to be working.

I want to say good for them but I’m pretty uninformed- if I can’t read it and enjoy it I’m not going down this rabbit hole. This is however coming from the guy who didn’t buy SIKTC singles until I read the first deluxe trade and paid a premium for it.