• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Why should I need to search out 'clues' on such a simple thing as 'is a company I may enjoy closing down as they stated they were.' That statement affects my finances (even if just in a minor way) inconveniencing me and just plain annoying me. You just don't do that to customers on such a basic part of your business. How many people will take it as fact, like any sane person would, or get frustrated, and go 'screw it, I'm out'? I want a comics company, not a drama production. 

It's also not like Indy companies. They mostly aren't chosen to be stocked by the retailer, and would be elated to hear retailers and customers are demanding their books. This is the other way around. Retailers are approaching Bad Idea for their books, and signing on to their rules just to touch their books, a very different situation. 

Bad Idea's new name? My super secret inside source tells me it's FDQ Comics. 

They did not state that they were closing down.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

They did not state that they were closing down.

Are we really going to niggle over this? How else would your average joe interpret this statement by them? “We regret to inform you that despite our best efforts and all of your wonderful support, Bad Idea as we know it must end,” they said. “Our sincerest thanks for the incredible journey." Or their literal statement 'Bad Idea Is Over.' 

The intent of the statement is blatantly clear in what it's trying to convey to consumers. Now, sure, it's a hoax, but that doesn't change the wording of their statement. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

By saying their company is "closing" and then putting the "Final 5 issues!" or whatever it is.

Is this really that hard to understand?

I agree, if you weren’t “in on the joke” it would totally seem like they’re shutting down for good.

22 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Are we really going to niggle over this?

Yes.

22 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

How else would your average joe interpret this statement by them? “We regret to inform you that despite our best efforts and all of your wonderful support, Bad Idea as we know it must end,” they said. “Our sincerest thanks for the incredible journey." Or their literal statement 'Bad Idea Is Over.' 

The intent of the statement is blatantly clear in what it's trying to convey to consumers. Now, sure, it's a hoax, but that doesn't change the wording of their statement.

I agree that your "average joe" might interpret it as if they are closing down, but that's not what they stated. I think that they were probably careful in choosing their language when they wrote "Bad Idea as we know it must end," since it conveys that possibility, but could also be interpreted as what I think is going to happen, which is that there will a metamorphosis into something else. I doubt we'll see them cease producing comics. I could be wrong. I don't have any inside knowledge. But from what I can tell, they've been successful with what they've produced so far, and I know the people involved love comics.

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes.

I agree that your "average joe" might interpret it as if they are closing down, but that's not what they stated. I think that they were probably careful in choosing their language when they wrote "Bad Idea as we know it must end," since it conveys that possibility, but could also be interpreted as what I think is going to happen, which is that there will a metamorphosis into something else. I doubt we'll see them cease producing comics. I could be wrong. I don't have any inside knowledge. But from what I can tell, they've been successful with what they've produced so far, and I know the people involved love comics.

Alright, let's do this. *Puts on his niggling jorts.*

I agree with you if we only take that one specific line, but it's only a part of the whole, and they have made other far more damming statements that make it sound much more convincing to Joe Q Consumer that the company's done, aka 'Bad Idea is over,' and making statements about how interested buyers may purchase their 'final five' products. There's just no getting around the 'final five' thing. 

But again, it's the totality that matters, and when you look at the whole or just certain parts, the intent matters, but shows the same thing: we're done guys, but if you are an obsessive stan, we're *wink* over *wink wink*. 

2 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I agree with you if we only take that one specific line, but it's only a part of the whole, and they have made other far more damming statements that make it sound much more convincing to Joe Q Consumer that the company's done, aka 'Bad Idea is over,' and making statements about how interested buyers may purchase their 'final five' products. There's just no getting around the 'final five' thing. 

But again, it's the totality that matters, and when you look at the whole or just certain parts, the intent matters, but shows the same thing: we're done guys, but if you are an obsessive stan, we're *wink* over *wink wink*. 

What are the "far more damning statements"?

And at this point why do you even care? Sounds like you pulled out your money and future interest in this company so just let the remaining interested readers continue on with the 'drama production' that bothers you so much. Obsessive stan indeed...

4 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

And at this point why do you even care? Sounds like you pulled out your money and future interest in this company so just let the remaining interested readers continue on with the 'drama production' that bothers you so much. Obsessive stan indeed...

Seriously. I'm just pointing out what has actually been said vs. how people have interpreted what they said.

8 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

You know, at this point I only continued because I thought @GeeksAreMyPeeps and I were doing a bit. Otherwise you're right, I have said my piece. So I'll bow out, and leave y'all to it.

Best wishes to everyone, and that there's a positive ending for all involved. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

11 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

hm

How much money do you have tied up in product from these clowns? Are you worried that their next steps will bankrupt you?

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

hm

How much money do you have tied up in product from these clowns? Are you worried that their next steps will bankrupt you?

Really? You are such a cynic to consider that there was no possibility that I actually like to READ and enjoy these books?

For the record I have 2 raw copies of each floppy release that Bad Idea has put out thus far. That is it. Whatever they plan for the future will hardly impact my personal finances what so ever.

21 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes.

Didn’t you start this thread with saying “Bad Idea is over”?

3 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Really? You are such a cynic to consider that there was no possibility that I actually like to READ and enjoy these books?

For the record I have 2 raw copies of each floppy release that Bad Idea has put out thus far. That is it. Whatever they plan for the future will hardly impact my personal finances what so ever.

You're the one who brought up money, in that post I quoted. If you like the content, that's fine. But that doesn't mean you have to defend the company's ridiculous, stupid :censored::censored::censored: sales tactics, which have nothing to do with the quality of the content..

52 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

You're the one who brought up money, in that post I quoted. If you like the content, that's fine. But that doesn't mean you have to defend the company's ridiculous, stupid :censored::censored::censored: sales tactics, which have nothing to do with the quality of the content..

No I didn't bring up money, the previous post that I quoted mentioned money, try to keep up. I also never really defended the company as I don't really care how Bad Idea conducts business, so don't make it a 'me' problem. As long as the quality product is delivered I really don't care what they do or how many fanboys they lather into a tizzy. Frankly the anti Bad Idea sentiment in this thread has gotten ridiculous, there are bigger things to rage about.

16 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

No I didn't bring up money, the previous post that I quoted mentioned money, try to keep up. I also never really defended the company as I don't really care how Bad Idea conducts business, so don't make it a 'me' problem. As long as the quality product is delivered I really don't care what they do or how many fanboys they lather into a tizzy. Frankly the anti Bad Idea sentiment in this thread has gotten ridiculous, there are bigger things to rage about.

Try again. Mecha_Fantastic didn't mention money, you did. You're the one who seems concerned about the financial interest people have in products from a stupid company.

21 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:
23 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Who's raging? I don't pay much attention to this junk. I'm just waiting for the Bad Joke to actually end, which is why I read this thread in the first place, only to find out that it's just more B.S.

22 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Try again. Mecha_Fantastic didn't mention money, you did. You're the one who seems concerned about the financial interest people have in products from a stupid company.

Who's raging? I don't pay much attention to this junk. I'm just waiting for the Bad Joke to actually end, which is why I read this thread in the first place, only to find out that it's just more B.S.

He mentioned purchasing, aka what money does, but lets not try to get tripped up on semantics. 

You are totally raging. Or is this you being cordial and objective when discussing a 'stupid company' in a thread that is 'just more BS'? That's a lot of energy expended for someone who 'don't pay much attention to this junk'.