• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, awakeintheashes said:

What carrier did they use? Keeping an eye out for my deliveries. 

It was most likely USPS but it might have been UPS. I didn't pay attention and threw away the box, but it was delivered to my P.O. box so it had to be either USPS direct or a UPS hand-off.

In other, crappy personal news, my 2 buttons for the 2 exclusive comics redemption was apparently lost in the mail, and I waited too long to file a claim so now I won't even get a refund on shipping or the inherent $50 insurance. Now I either gotta hope it somehow makes it one day and Bad Idea honors the postmark date, or resort to the secondary market. Or just let it go, I suppose. Ugh.

Finally, I think that rock redemption is legit just for a rock and nothing else. It reminds me of a thing Cards Against Humanity did that was for a piece of poop. Literal, dried, poop. People sent in for it hoping it would come with an exclusive card or something, but nope, they got exactly what was advertised: poop. I think if you send in a button for this current redemption you'll get a rock and that's it. I have 1 button left (and may or may not get more with the last few comic titles due out) so I'm not trading for a rock.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, BuraddoRun said:

It was most likely USPS but it might have been UPS. I didn't pay attention and threw away the box, but it was delivered to my P.O. box so it had to be either USPS direct or a UPS hand-off.

In other, crappy personal news, my 2 buttons for the 2 exclusive comics redemption was apparently lost in the mail, and I waited too long to file a claim so now I won't even get a refund on shipping or the inherent $50 insurance. Now I either gotta hope it somehow makes it one day and Bad Idea honors the postmark date, or resort to the secondary market. Or just let it go, I suppose. Ugh.

Finally, I think that rock redemption is legit just for a rock and nothing else. It reminds me of a thing Cards Against Humanity did that was for a piece of poop. Literal, dried, poop. People sent in for it hoping it would come with an exclusive card or something, but nope, they got exactly what was advertised: poop. I think if you send in a button for this current redemption you'll get a rock and that's it. I have 1 button left (and may or may not get more with the last few comic titles due out) so I'm not trading for a rock.

giphy.gif

On 11/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Thanks. Strange. They finally cashed my check, so I know it was received, but nothing is showing up in my USPS Informed Delivery or my UPS app. Usually, informed delivery will show any package heading to my address as soon as it’s shipped. Same with the UPS app. 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Paper covers rock

Bad Idea beats paper shortage

This company is  :censored:  stupid 

lol they also offered Final Five redemptees (is that a word?) a chance to purchase their sticker back...

On 6/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Book 5: Odinn's Eye

As of the time of this post, with currently inflated prices on ebay, there is one bundle left of Odinn's Eye #1 through Golden Apple: Bad Idea Final 5 Full Set Of 5 Titles 15 Comics! (01/19/2022) Bad Idea – Golden Apple Comics

and "a few" individual Odinn's Eye #1's through Comics Elite: Odinn's Eye #1 (comicselitecomics.com)

I've been trying to find more copies of Oddin's but so far these are the only two sources I can find that have them. Good luck! :fourleafclover:

Here are what copies of Odinn's have recently sold for in case you are wondering: odinn's eye 1 in Collectible Comics | eBay

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 12/17/2021 at 12:58 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

As of the time of this post, with currently inflated prices on ebay, there is one bundle left of Odinn's Eye #1 through Golden Apple: Bad Idea Final 5 Full Set Of 5 Titles 15 Comics! (01/19/2022) Bad Idea – Golden Apple Comics

and "a few" individual Odinn's Eye #1's through Comics Elite: Odinn's Eye #1 (comicselitecomics.com)

I've been trying to find more copies of Oddin's but so far these are the only two sources I can find that have them. Good luck! :fourleafclover:

Here are what copies of Odinn's have recently sold for in case you are wondering: odinn's eye 1 in Collectible Comics | eBay

Wow. Thanks for sharing. I had stopped checking the prices after many fell off. I think I got in on the pre order for the final five books from 4-5 sources so hopefully these prices stay strong. 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:58 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Interesting.  What's so special about this book compared to the rest of the final 5?

On 12/17/2021 at 11:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

Interesting.  What's so special about this book compared to the rest of the final 5?

I think starting with that book, the rest of the final five books are allocated to pre-order quantity only.

So, if you didn’t pre-order blindly it may be difficult to get a copy. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 12/17/2021 at 10:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

I believe this is the 1st of them that they have said initial orders for the final five were all they were fulfilling due to the paper shortages.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Same site I mentioned previously just notified me they have Oddin's Eye #2 in limited supply if you want to pick some up while they last: ODINN'S EYE #2 (comicselitecomics.com)

I just grabbed a handful myself :headbang:

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 12/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, Troy Division said:

They're straight-up trolls, but they put out solid comics. I don't play their sticker/pin/whatever game though. I snag the comics where I can online, and if I miss out...oh well.

On 12/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

They're straight-up trolls, but they put out solid comics. I don't play their sticker/pin/whatever game though. I snag the comics where I can online, and if I miss out...oh well.

pretty much.  The stories are excellent but way too many hoops to jump through to get them.