• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, Troy Division said:

@valiantman any correlation to the 90's, variant covers, and cgc 9.5's? This topic really should have gone on several pages, and we dont want to lose our Christmas joy! Give us some spin of the yarn!:yeehaw::takeit:

On 12/27/2021 at 6:12 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm assuming you pre-ordered with every store that was willing to ship?

Sorry I missed this in the alerts somehow.

No, I posted a link previously in this thread of an online store that was selling them. Not sure how they were able to get a bunch but I got lucky obviously. I only ordered one of the initial packs a few months back.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 12/29/2021 at 11:45 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Sorry I missed this in the alerts somehow.

No, I posted a link previously in this thread of an online store that was selling them. Not sure how they were able to get a bunch but I got lucky obviously. I only ordered one of the initial packs a few months back.

Oh did they allow you to order more than 1? Cheeky suckers!

On 12/29/2021 at 11:00 PM, Crops068 said:

Oh did they allow you to order more than 1? Cheeky suckers!

The packs no just one. I got about 60 individual #1's from that site I shared that day. Just sent 15 to get graded. :yeehaw:

On 12/30/2021 at 12:45 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not sure how they were able to get a bunch but I got lucky obviously.

It’s possible they got flooded with calls the day final five pre-orders launched and placed a bunch of orders at that time thinking they’d be able to sell them with no problem. 

My one local shop had a bunch of #2 and #3 yesterday. There may have been #1s there as well but I didn’t look closely. I was just there to pick up my pull that had been sitting for over a month. The other shop I get Bad Idea books from didn’t have any, which makes sense as they usually order conservatively or to their audience, which I don’t think really got into the Bad Idea books based on the back issues I’ve seen on the shelves, including a first print Eniac #1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, awakeintheashes said:

It’s possible they got flooded with calls the day final five pre-orders launched and placed a bunch of orders at that time thinking they’d be able to sell them with no problem. 

My one local shop had a bunch of #2 and #3 yesterday. There may have been #1s there as well but I didn’t look closely. I was just there to pick up my pull that had been sitting for over a month. The other shop I get Bad Idea books from didn’t have any, which makes sense as they usually order conservatively or to their audience, which I don’t think really got into the Bad Idea books based on the back issues I’ve seen on the shelves, including a first print Eniac #1

U should pick those extras up if you can.  2 is still selling for a premium online 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:30 AM, Wolverinex said:

U should pick those extras up if you can.  2 is still selling for a premium online 

I plan to. I’ll go back and grab a copy of each. They are strict and hold to the rules (as they should). There are a few Star Wars issues they also have a ton of that I grab a copy of every time I am in there. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:17 PM, valiantman said:

Bad Idea seems to be the "try everything" publisher where profits literally don't matter. If you could create comics and not worry about profits, what would you do? Bad Idea's answer seems to be "get great writing, get great artists, and get attention by any means necessary".

It's the "get attention by any means necessary" that's the source of the "Bad Idea" name.  The first two, "get great writing, get great artists" are worthless if no one is paying any attention.

Those who want to complain about the bad ideas that Bad Idea continuously generates for attention wouldn't be warned if the name of the company was "DEAR YOU, YES YOU, YOU AREN'T GOING TO LIKE US, SO DON'T BOTHER" and they'd still complain that DYYYYAGTLUSDB isn't catering to their personal tastes. :kidaround:

Bad ideas are the name of the game. Literally. lol

I think people get the reference by now. They still line up to get their latest pog that will be worth 10 cents in the near future.

The problem that people who have been around to see this all unfold is that they started off saying their goal was to get comics in the hands of readers. That's why there were buyer limits initiated. All they have done since then however is do anything and everything but getting comics in the hands of readers.

On 1/1/2022 at 12:52 PM, ygogolak said:
On 12/30/2021 at 6:17 PM, valiantman said:

Bad Idea seems to be the "try everything" publisher where profits literally don't matter. If you could create comics and not worry about profits, what would you do? Bad Idea's answer seems to be "get great writing, get great artists, and get attention by any means necessary".

It's the "get attention by any means necessary" that's the source of the "Bad Idea" name.  The first two, "get great writing, get great artists" are worthless if no one is paying any attention.

Those who want to complain about the bad ideas that Bad Idea continuously generates for attention wouldn't be warned if the name of the company was "DEAR YOU, YES YOU, YOU AREN'T GOING TO LIKE US, SO DON'T BOTHER" and they'd still complain that DYYYYAGTLUSDB isn't catering to their personal tastes. :kidaround:

Bad ideas are the name of the game. Literally. lol

I think people get the reference by now. They still line up to get their latest pog that will be worth 10 cents in the near future.

The problem that people who have been around to see this all unfold is that they started off saying their goal was to get comics in the hands of readers. That's why there were buyer limits initiated. All they have done since then however is do anything and everything but getting comics in the hands of readers.

Makes me wonder how good the story is in these invisible comics.. hm

On 1/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Crops068 said:

They are “slowly” responding to people, those that bid over $3k have reportedly been notified. 🤷‍♂️

I told them they could have my Quidd collection lol. In all seriousness, it is quite respectable and Dinesh did collect Valiant stuff on it, but not sure I’d actually give it up for one of these.  
A7C01825-D463-41CC-ABCC-0FE66F8BBF8A.thumb.jpeg.3723939529cded87cbce8c64cc4a8969.jpeg

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 12/27/2021 at 4:50 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Same site I mentioned previously just notified me they have Oddin's Eye #2 in limited supply if you want to pick some up while they last: ODINN'S EYE #2 (comicselitecomics.com)

I just grabbed a handful myself :headbang:

#3 at same site announced while they last...

Comics Elite (comicselitecomics.com)