• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 7:56 PM, RICKMCDONALD said:

Went to the SC Comic Con, bought the doughnut (a nice little Krispy Kreme special) and got the book.  Scanned a QR code, got an email offering Bunsen Beaver 2 for two first customer pins.  I have the pins from previous purchases so I'll bite (pun fully intended).

Nice, I am not sure how many will take the dive or who have the pins to do the deal.  They sent the email to anyone that is signed up for updates, I received it too.

And yeah someone spoiled the krispy sekret on FB of them bringing in the donuts.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Update: my second store dropped out as well. They mentioned Bad Idea instituted a bunch of new rules and they simply didn’t have the time to jump through all the hoops. 

Where's the list?  though I'm not really going to go after these anymore

On 8/18/2022 at 1:15 PM, WolverineX said:

Where's the list?  though I'm not really going to go after these anymore

I think it gets unveiled tomorrow. They are doing another blind pre order thing for a sticker. Figured I’d ask if they were going to get the books and just add them to my pull. I don’t have time to dial all these places first thing in the morning in hopes of getting a dumb sticker. 

On 8/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I think it gets unveiled tomorrow. They are doing another blind pre order thing for a sticker. Figured I’d ask if they were going to get the books and just add them to my pull. I don’t have time to dial all these places first thing in the morning in hopes of getting a dumb sticker. 

Yeah.  Good riddence. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:21 PM, awakeintheashes said:

FYI - The destination store list they link to in the email is out of date. My two stores are still on the list. 

They haven't released the new list yet, not until tomorrow per the announcement.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:36 PM, Crops068 said:

So you did!

Wonder what the new rules are?  As if the old rules were not bad enough. lol

So true. No idea what the new ones are, but I’m sure we will hear about them soon. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:39 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Hi, participating retailer? Yeah, can you set me up a pull list on the Bad Idea line? You can? That's great, thanks!

(shrug)

Didn’t most of the mail-order options hold all and ship at one time after the final book ended?

On 8/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Didn’t most of the mail-order options hold all and ship at one time after the final book ended?

I don't know, I set up through a B&M LCS and will do the same for BAD IDEA TWO!

On 8/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I don't know, I set up through a B&M LCS and will do the same for BAD IDEA TWO!

Yeah, my two shops are no longer BI stores…so have to go the mail order route this time. 

New list is here for anyone interested. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

It was up to individual retailers to determine how they were doing that. I pre-ordered a few sets from different retailers. I think one held everything, one shipped each title as it was complete, and another shipped individual books as they came out.