• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Any prognostications as to what the "big surprises" are?

I didn't bother with the button chasing or the sticker searching.  And I will not worry about this one either. (shrug)

I enjoyed Eniac and Tankers (so far).  I am good after that.

For everyone that is down on Bad Idea and any perceived marketing stunts, feel free to ignore the noise and not spend any money on this company's offerings. Just walk away.

The rest of us are enjoying the ride and remain very cognizant that Bad Idea does not take itself seriously and neither should the haters.

The comics (thus far) speak for themselves, not reading them is just doing yourself a disservice.

5 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

For everyone that is down on Bad Idea and any perceived marketing stunts, feel free to ignore the noise and not spend any money on this company's offerings. Just walk away.

The rest of us are enjoying the ride and remain very cognizant that Bad Idea does not take itself seriously and neither should the haters.

The comics (thus far) speak for themselves, not reading them is just doing yourself a disservice.

Creators capable of making content worth reading shouldn't (and shouldn't need to) shackle themselves to tawdry marketing gimmicks of this caliber.

2 hours ago, Qalyar said:

Creators capable of making content worth reading shouldn't (and shouldn't need to) shackle themselves to tawdry marketing gimmicks of this caliber.

Tawdry marketing? The last 30 years of comic marketing history probably should have made your head explode many times over.

37 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

Tawdry marketing? The last 30 years of comic marketing history probably should have made your head explode many times over.

Announcing your company is ending production (while simultaneously announcing that your company's people are planning to reboot as a new company) is sort of a step further than just printing eleventy-seven variant covers or silly line-crossing stories or renumbering.

23 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Announcing your company is ending production (while simultaneously announcing that your company's people are planning to reboot as a new company) is sort of a step further than just printing eleventy-seven variant covers or silly line-crossing stories or renumbering.

You better send them a stern letter of protest. They may actually be able to quantify what 'eleventy-seven' variant covers would actually look like in a future release.

17 hours ago, Qalyar said:

They never announced that they were "ending production"

7 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

:roflmao:If only the CEO believed that maybe he’d not be pulling publicity stunts like “ending” the company to boost sales. It’s literally screaming as loud as you can the comics don’t speak for themselves. 

That makes no sense. So when another comic collector/reader says "Yes the books, are good", you will refuse to believe them?

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

But they don't want me to read their comics, they just want to play stupid :censored: games.

Then don't read the books and continue believing that this company is out to pull a fast one on you. 

1 hour ago, Lobo1969 said:

Then don't read the books and continue believing that this company is out to pull a fast one on you. 

I think he’s saying that they make the books so hard to get if your shop doesn’t carry them that it feels like getting lots of people to read them is not their top priority. 

17 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Uhh, please explain how they are not by "closing" the company?

Edited by ygogolak

49 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Uhh, please explain how they are not by "closing" the company?

The short version? The company is not "closing", but more of a rebranding. The clues are are already presented in this thread...

16 hours ago, BrooksR said:

I think he’s saying that they make the books so hard to get if your shop doesn’t carry them that it feels like getting lots of people to read them is not their top priority. 

These books are not difficult to get if you truly have interest. Independent publishers historically have not served up their offers up a silver platter the way DC and Marvel could.

24 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:
17 hours ago, BrooksR said:

These books are not difficult to get if you truly have interest. Independent publishers historically have not served up their offers up a silver platter the way DC and Marvel could.

I have 7 stores within a 70 miles radius of my house that all carry new books. Not one of them even knows about this company. I think I can call one shop about 90 miles away that might carry them because he specializes in indy books. But I have a real hard time calling this company an indy company with the financing they have behind them.  This isn't Arctic, Scout, or other small Indys.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
3 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:
20 hours ago, BrooksR said:

I have 7 stores within a 70 miles radius of my house that all carry new books. Not one of them even knows about this company. I think I can call one shop about 90 miles away that might carry them because he specializes in indy books. But I have a real hard time calling this company an indy company with the financing they have behind them.  This isn't Arctic, Scout, or other small Indys.

If you are dead set on in person purchasing or after the illustrious buttons/sticker, I agree it is problematic.  I am in the same boat, being in a pretty large market and there is no shops within 2-3hrs of me and I would not take time off to go be in person for any of the releases.

With that there are plenty of shops that have the books available online, each of the Bad Idea offerings I wanted I was able to order over the interwebs.  Eniac #1 was the only one that was hard to get, and if I had missed that one in the 1st printing I likely would have not continued with the rest of the series.