• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

He mentioned purchasing, aka what money does, but lets not try to get tripped up on semantics. 

You are totally raging. Or is this you being cordial and objective when discussing a 'stupid company' in a thread that is 'just more BS'? That's a lot of energy expended for someone who 'don't pay much attention to this junk'.

If @Lazyboy was raging any harder I'd need to give him a Valium to pep him up.

And out I go again! 

The books have all been fantastic IMO.
The marketing, while probably a bit of a hassle for retailers, has been fun for a lot of comic book fans. 

The statement “Bad Idea as we know it must end” is obviously a hint at coming changes rather the end of the company.

Has Bad Idea mentioned what will happen with Not First Prints? IIRC, they were supposed to be printed for as long as demand warranted to onboard new readers. If Bad Idea doesn't exist anymore, do these still get printed to demand? I'm guessing not, which is real problematic for people who want to read these titles that missed out on due to timing and/or location. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I haven’t read anything about what will happen with the ‘Not First Prints’.

I’m  guessing Bad Idea will become an imprint of another larger comic book company, who will take over printing and distribution. Hopefully any agreement will include the continuation of some of the more innovative ideas like NFPs, one per customer and cover price for 30 days.

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Did they remove the "must be visible in the front" requirement?

I've been to multiple stores lately and they are now intermixed with new releases. 

Patrick

I don’t know. I would think the COVID situation might have forced them to lighten up on that requirement. 
My LCS still has a display in front.

One potential issue I see with the NFPs: Stores are only required to price books at cover for 30 days, so after 30 days they priced Eniac NFPs at $10. If folks don’t want to buy a reprint at $10, the books may not sell through, and may not generate demand for another print run, which kind of defeats the purpose if the NFPs are meant to get cover priced reading copies to fans.

Tim

8 hours ago, wormboy said:

I don’t know. I would think the COVID situation might have forced them to lighten up on that requirement. 
My LCS still has a display in front.

One potential issue I see with the NFPs: Stores are only required to price books at cover for 30 days, so after 30 days they priced Eniac NFPs at $10. If folks don’t want to buy a reprint at $10, the books may not sell through, and may not generate demand for another print run, which kind of defeats the purpose if the NFPs are meant to get cover priced reading copies to fans.

Tim

Pricing NFPs at $10 seems silly, since there are plenty of retailers that will still offer them for cover. Even if you have to buy online, if you buy a few books and combine shipping, it's going to be cheaper than buying it for $10.

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

Once Bad Idea is no longer Bad Idea are they still going to be reprinting Bad Idea branded books? Eniac 1 is the only reprint I’ve seen so far.

Same. I havent seen any others reprinted. Maybe tankers didnt sell as well and they didnt bother with the one shots?  I do still see tankers on the shelf often, but rarely any enaic. 

Tankers is a bit… out there and that first issue certainly made me roll my eyes a bit at that premise. But did redeem itself a bit after that and been enjoying it.

23 minutes ago, Mirkinator said:

Same. I havent seen any others reprinted. Maybe tankers didnt sell as well and they didnt bother with the one shots?  I do still see tankers on the shelf often, but rarely any enaic. 

Tankers is a bit… out there and that first issue certainly made me roll my eyes a bit at that premise. But did redeem itself a bit after that and been enjoying it.

I think they announced a Whalesville reprint. I assume that they were more prepared for what to expect in regards to orders after Eniac #1, so subsequently stuff hasn't sold out

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think they announced a Whalesville reprint. I assume that they were more prepared for what to expect in regards to orders after Eniac #1, so subsequently stuff hasn't sold out

Oh I thought they specifically said that one was a one and done. But could be old info.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Question for anyone who qualified a Final Five sticker or know people who did: Have you received your sticker already? I have not, and the store said they don't know when they will receive them.

Based solely on the multitude of FB posts in the Bad Idea Fans group they should have received them in the same way they received the 1st pins. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, Crops068 said:

Based solely on the multitude of FB posts in the Bad Idea Fans group they should have received them in the same way they received the 1st pins. 

That’s what I thought. Bummer 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, Crops068 said:

Could be they didn't receive them and they should reach out to Bad Idea for replacements.

Yeah, I asked a couple times after the preorder was open and they figured Bad Idea would just sent with the new Hero Trade book that comes out this week. If it’s not there I’ll ask them to reach out and find out what’s going on.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I asked a couple times after the preorder was open and they figured Bad Idea would just sent with the new Hero Trade book that comes out this week. If it’s not there I’ll ask them to reach out and find out what’s going on.

New Hero Trade is the last chance to get a 1st pin from my understanding as well.