• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2021 at 10:51 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Variants are typically defined as the same comic with different covers. These are 2 different comics.

The key word to me there is "typically". This is the same cover with different interiors, how is that not a variation/variant of the other cover?

I'm about all gimmicked out. I was on board at first and it was interesting but they broke the main 2 rules that drew me to them in their first year:

1. Only 2 books a month on the first Wednesday of the month.

2. No variants ever.

🤷‍♂️

On 8/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Okay, I have two of the Aggressive issues, who wants to swap a Passive so we each have both issues?

:wishluck:

I'm in the same boat. I should actually have 4 Agressives total. On Wednesday I went out and picked up one from each of the 2 Midtown Comics in midtown. I also ordered one from them online, and I haven't picked up the one I pre-ordered (I figured I wouldn't be able to buy one from the store if I picked up my pre-order.) I pre-ordered all of the Final Five from a few different online retailers (but I forget the location of all of them, so not sure what the east/west breakdown is). But as far as I know, I'm only getting a sticker from one. They're in Utah, so it should be a Passive version. I'll find out when I get it and the sticker this week. I plan on sending in one sticker for another Passive.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:51 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Variants are typically defined as the same comic with different covers. These are 2 different comics.

Two different comics with the same cover though. Typically that would be defined as a misprint.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, ygogolak said:

Two different comics with the same cover though. Typically that would be defined as a misprint.

Is that the case when the outside portion is the same but part of the inside is different?  Considering that one says Aggressive and one says Passive on the inside of the front cover.  And aren't misprints generally unintended?

I consider them 2 different books.  Just happen to have the same outer front/back cover.  I do wonder, did all of the covers get printed with the incorrect price, or just one subset?

On 8/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, Crops068 said:

Is that the case when the outside portion is the same but part of the inside is different?  Considering that one says Aggressive and one says Passive on the inside of the front cover.  And aren't misprints generally unintended?

That's what the "mis" part is for. I don't believe there has been one done intentionally before, because why would you want to? Except in this day-and-age internet buzz is what matters.

Let's not forget this goes against one of their principals in getting comics in the hands of readers since they were not distributed equally to every store and stores ordered one copy per person when in fact they need two.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, ygogolak said:

That's what the "mis" part is for. I don't believe there has been one done intentionally before, because why would you want to? Except in this day-and-age internet buzz is what matters.

Let's not forget this goes against one of their principals in getting comics in the hands of readers since they were not distributed equally to every store and stores ordered one copy per person when in fact they need two.

Well they are "going away as we know it" so do the rules and principles really matter anyways. lol

On 8/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, ygogolak said:

That’s a really good point ¬¬

On 8/25/2021 at 3:39 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Nothing says "final five titles" quite like announcing two additional titles. 

AAAAANNNNNDDDD you can only claim 1 of each.  So those that have all 5-6 buttons....  They either have 3-4 too many or there is more to come.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Okay, I have two of the Aggressive issues, who wants to swap a Passive so we each have both issues?

:wishluck:

I found a trading partner for this! Anyone else interested in an Aggressive for a Passive?

On 8/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, Crops068 said:

AAAAANNNNNDDDD you can only claim 1 of each.  So those that have all 5-6 buttons....  They either have 3-4 too many or there is more to come.

Dinesh said people with pins will have future opportunities to trade them in. So pin holders will gamble on picking these books now, or waiting for something better (or worse) in the future.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:43 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You *want* a Passive, or have one to trade? I have extra Aggressives to trade.

Wanted another Passive but it looks like I'm out of Aggressives to trade anyway cause Midtown Comics is sold out! Oh well, I've got one of each and that's okay with me.

Edited by mrwoogieman

I got my TFAW order and got a passive, so FYI for anyone who had an order through them. After the sticker redemption I’ll have two sets. Still have a preorder bundle that I’m not sure what it will be. I may have one or two extras that I could swap when it’s all said and done.