• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

Is anyone having them Graded. Another idea.  If ur having yours Graded, how bout trading afterwards to ensure both r 98 or 99 so everybody's happy.  I have several but all aggressives.  I wouldnt mind gettin them cgcd 1st, then swapping them out with someone who has a few passives 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:38 AM, juniorMC said:

Is anyone having them Graded. Another idea.  If ur having yours Graded, how bout trading afterwards to ensure both r 98 or 99 so everybody's happy.  I have several but all aggressives.  I wouldnt mind gettin them cgcd 1st, then swapping them out with someone who has a few passives 

I'm grading 2 copies of everything (1st prints) but I'm starting to run into books get I may not be able to get my hands on now. Only book I've back from CGC thus far is a single Eniac #1 9.8

On 9/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, mrwoogieman said:

I've got one of each and will be leaving them raw. These comics are so well produced it's hard work to get them in less than pristine condition.

I've seen several with somewhat frayed corners,  I think it's those, or it may have been the Lot books

On 9/3/2021 at 11:53 AM, Lobo1969 said:

I'm grading 2 copies of everything (1st prints) but I'm starting to run into books get I may not be able to get my hands on now. Only book I've back from CGC thus far is a single Eniac #1 9.8

I got 2 eniac 1's back.  Not 1st print got 9.8, the white 1st print got 9.9, so I'm very hesitant about trading away a raw 99 for a 98 after all is said and done

Edited by juniorMC
Forgot something

On 6/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, 500Club said:

So, a company that limited its distribution, and limited customer purchases is going out of business? hm

They had top talent and interesting looking titles. I never had even the slightest urge to attempt to buy any of them 

I did a trade to secure one of each. Read them and they were good. The backup story was good too. 

I’ve been picking up the entire line so far and am enjoying most of it so far. Looking forward to the next iteration of this company. 

:whee:

On 10/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I did a trade to secure one of each. Read them and they were good. The backup story was good too. 

I’ve been picking up the entire line so far and am enjoying most of it so far. Looking forward to the next iteration of this company. 

:whee:

Is there a tankers 3?

A recent Bad Idea email indicated that due to paper shortages, they had to cap orders at the Final Five pre-order numbers. Meaning that the only copies that will ship are what was pre-ordered on a single day, before those ordering knew what they were getting. I imagine most stores did not up their orders over the quantity that were requested and paid for by customers on that day, figuring that they could order more when books were solicited as normal, but in the case of any stores that did, those copies are going to be in extremely high demand.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

A recent Bad Idea email indicated that due to paper shortages, they had to cap orders at the Final Five pre-order numbers. Meaning that the only copies that will ship are what was pre-ordered on a single day, before those ordering knew what they were getting. I imagine most stores did not up their orders over the quantity that were requested and paid for by customers on that day, figuring that they could order more when books were solicited as normal, but in the case of any stores that did, those copies are going to be in extremely high demand.

I saw that. Also, I don’t think there are any books being released in November due to the shortage. 

Also, the last line of the most recent email leads me to believe that some of the final five redemptions will have something extra…

On 10/30/2021 at 4:20 PM, BuraddoRun said:

My Passive Aggressive Final 5 sticker redemption came in today. Shipped in a Gemini mailer with a current size bag and board. 

What carrier did they use? Keeping an eye out for my deliveries.