• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,591 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2021 at 7:57 PM, tth2 said:
On 7/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, lou_fine said:

Yeah, gotta find some way to move my tax residency to Hong Kong since it looks like they don't even have any capital gains tax at all

Plus HK doesn't tax dividends or interest. 

Okay, future roomie to be............you've convinced me, although I don't know how your lovely family's going to feel about me moving in. :baiting:

I've already booked my flight and expect you to pick me up when I arrive at the Hong Kong Int'l Airport.  :bigsmile:

I can't wait and just imagine that................no taxes of any kind to worry about at all and living right in Stanley, the exclusive ritzy quiet seaside coastal town of Hong Kong where all of the wealthy ex-pats live.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

42 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Okay, future roomie to be............you've convinced me, although I don't know how your lovely family's going to feel about me moving in. :baiting:

I've already booked my flight and expect you to pick me up when I arrive at the Hong Kong Int'l Airport.  :bigsmile:

I can't wait and just imagine that................no taxes of any kind to worry about at all and living right in Stanley, the exclusive ritzy quiet seaside coastal town of Hong Kong where all of the wealthy ex-pats live.  :takeit:

:fear:

41 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
On 7/3/2021 at 10:57 AM, tth2 said:

Plus HK doesn't tax dividends or interest. 

That can't be true because we in the US have been told that would lead to the collapse of society.

Okay okay, you've seen through the facade that HK presents to the rest of the world.

Here's the real HK:

Nuclear post-apocalypse survivors Stock Photo - Alamy

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

:fear:

Yeah, I imagine all of your single highest graded CGC 9.8 books will freak out and curl right up in their slabs from fright once I move my boxes of CGC 1.8 slab worthy books right next to them.  lol

8 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This is the first book I’ve seen that looks like it was actually read by one of the brothers 

E6ED0205-14B8-4A02-8892-483E426473E4.jpeg

Great looking book for the grade with popping colors

On 7/12/2021 at 7:22 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This is the first book I’ve seen that looks like it was actually read by one of the brothers 

Promise books now on Ha. weekly auctions, look for some super deals here. This is currently at $1,950 and the #8 is a lot cheaper.  The best book for this week is the Web of Mystery #1 at a sharp 7.0...great book, look for a lot of promise books to be under the radar here, I count 5 including the GA Action for this week.

HA has started seeding the books in, playing catch up.  The 7/26 auction ending 8/1 just placed 61 Promise books - so far.  They may drop down to 30 or so each week down the road.  As has been mentioned, that's what they'd need every week on the "regular" auctions, 300 or so on the bi-monthly Sigs, to sell off 5000 books in 18 months.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sitting at $7500 (7 x Guide) with 9 hrs left before live bidding. It looks undergraded, so that may be the explanation 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sitting at $7500 (7 x Guide) with 9 hrs left before live bidding. It looks undergraded, so that may be the explanation 

I believe it's all to do with the seemingly continuing ongoing PROMISE from @Mmehdy that we all need to get these books right now because if we miss our opportunity here, these books will only be going up in price from here in.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

On 7/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Final hammer of $9600!  Gadzooks!

9 x Guide

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost