• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,590 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 1:12 AM, jimbo_7071 said:
On 7/20/2021 at 12:39 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I think it's a better deal Heritage is offering just on Promise Collection book resales

@MasterChief posted a certificate offering a 0% seller's premium on a non-Promise comic book. The certificates for the Promise books go even further, offering a 0% seller's premium and a 10% buyer's premium.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, MasterChief said:

I got a certificate from this auction, too. However, it was for a Mile High copy not a Promise copy, with different wording.

Anyone care to explain the difference in the two?

auction-cert.png.3e2eee8fe2f469e68aa59e6d0c48b092.png

Expand  

The "deals" these certificates are offering are meaningless except for the deals being offered by the certificates for the Promise books.

Anyone who sells on Heritage relying only on the accompanying certificate's deal is stupid or lazy (or both).  First thing anyone thinking of consigning on Heritage should do is ask for a full waiver of the Seller's commission and then what can they do beyond that.  

On 7/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

50% off of the seller's premium is all that I've ever been offered on comic books. This certificate is about three years old, so maybe their policy has changed—or maybe they offer more to certain customers—or maybe it depends on the dollar value of the book.

IMG_20210719_115706001~2.jpg

You did well to buy this book 3 years ago

On 7/20/2021 at 10:08 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Only 7 Promise books in the upcoming weekly heritage: 6 star spangleds, and I don’t remember the other

Have there been any raw ones yet? I seem to remember that some of the books with rat chews were going to be sold raw.

WOW 59 Promise books up for auction on the Aug1-2 weekly HA auction...some very great material there...this could be the window to pick up one or two promise books at a very reasonable price level....thoughts  on selection available?

Edited by Mmehdy

On 7/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, Mmehdy said:

WOW 59 Promise books up for auction on the Aug1-2 weekly HA auction...some very great material there...this could be the window to pick up one or two promise books at a very reasonable price level....thoughts  on selection available?

I don’t see them yet

On 7/23/2021 at 8:14 PM, Straw-Man said:

if i don't have a promise book for my ped type-set by the time the 4,999th book is sold, i may go pretty hard after that last one.

What if it's the Promise 9.9 Suspense #3?

On 7/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, Straw-Man said:

if i don't have a promise book for my ped type-set by the time the 4,999th book is sold, i may go pretty hard after that last one.

I am so curious to see if the bidding frenzy we saw in the first go-round was a one and done phenomenon, or if that same level of competition will follow these books thru to the bitter end.  I don't see this next round having the same class of books as the first round, so that will get factored in, I'm sure.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:04 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I am so curious to see if the bidding frenzy we saw in the first go-round was a one and done phenomenon, or if that same level of competition will follow these books thru to the bitter end.  I don't see this next round having the same class of books as the first round, so that will get factored in, I'm sure.

If anything, it'll probably be crazier, particularly in terms of multiples for the lower grade books, of which there seems to be more this time.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I think round 2 will be as strong

i haven't yet had the stones to get a timely promise book for one of my runs [mm, torch, subby and all-winners is what i have left], and even for some fairly non-descript issues.   am now realizing that i'm kinda happy that the collection doesn't go back far enuff to get to my fox runs that i collect thru 7/40---i'd NEVER be able to afford one, and it would gnaw at me...