• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,591 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, SuperGrover said:

feels like the Planets all went for a bit higher then the last round of Planets.  ? 

I tried to upgrade my 58, but went to play tennis and came back to find myself the underbidder. $13k??!! Sheesh

the collecting market must be on steroids 

On 11/19/2021 at 7:26 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

What's driving me nuts is what this means for non ped values in the same grades. Is my #58 in 9.6 now worth 13k?:canofworms:

Planet Comics #58 CGC 9.6.jpg

Probably. Whoever picked up the Promise copy is now out of the market, and so this book may now go for my underbid. Regardless, this is a nice bump for your book. Previously the GPA only showed my purchase of the Mile High 9.4 copy for $8k. At the time I thought I’d wildly overspent, but a rising tide floats all boats eventually 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

What's driving me nuts is what this means for non ped values in the same grades. Is my #58 in 9.6 now worth 13k?:canofworms:

Planet Comics #58 CGC 9.6.jpg

the Promise pedigree designation does seem to be garnering far higher values (for some reason)

I think your copy is nicer than the promised one.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:33 PM, Artboy99 said:

the Promise pedigree designation does seem to be garnering far higher values (for some reason)

I think your copy is nicer than the promised one.

Well certainly the scan is better! Thanks be to Heritage (it was cheetah's copy, and before that kelholt was the owner)

From what I can recall, the other 9.6 is nicer than the Promise copy as well.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

On 11/19/2021 at 6:13 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Probably. Whoever picked up the Promise copy is now out of the market, and so this book may now go for my underbid. Regardless, this is a nice bump for your book. Previously the GPA only showed my purchase of the Mile High 9.4 copy for $8k. At the time I thought I’d wildly overspent, but a rising tide floats all boats eventually.

It didn't seem to help the Cap #74 8.0 thought it would go a lot higher si ce the Promise pedigree went for over 200k.