• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,591 posts in this topic

Hey guys - sorry Heritage noob question.

I'm trying to pay by bank wire - I've emailed heritage to confirm all the details on the invoice are correct, as it's an international transfer, not domestic.

I also want to change the shipping address (which I can't do until I pay according to the invoice - which seems strange)

I was wondering how long then take to respond?  As a new buyer I don't want to fall into the 'slow payer' category. The last reply pre-auction took 10 days - I assume they are quicker when chasing payment! lol

Any idea how long the process normally takes for international wire transfers?

First time buyer, so want to do the right thing of course.

Thanks all.

On 11/23/2021 at 7:08 AM, RareHighGrade said:
On 11/23/2021 at 4:22 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I think that he bought quite a few books through Greg Manning Auctions in 2000 and 2001 and sold the books in 2002 and 2003. I can't swear to that, but that's the way I remember it.

Did GPA exist back then? I think prices were down across the board from 2003—2006 versus 1999—2002. I was on a long break after 2002, and I remember coming back and looking at old auction results and thinking that I had picked a terrible time to step away from the hobby.

Expand  

I thought the combination of the Nic Cage HA auction and the development of the CGC Boards jump-started the GA market in 2002, but maybe I'm misremembering.

My recollection of the market is that it was red hot (except for Marvel Comics 1 and National 7).  If I recall, 2005-06 was when Gary Keller was driving the market to what then seemed like crazy new highs.  His subsequent fire sale represented the last time that there were bargains galore in the high grade GA market.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, Beige said:

First time buyer, so want to do the right thing of course.

Congrats! look forward you posting what you won if you so choose...I haven't ever paid by bank wire though sorry.  I'm sure someone here will be able to help though.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:53 AM, szav said:

Congrats! look forward you posting what you won if you so choose...I haven't ever paid by bank wire though sorry.  I'm sure someone here will be able to help though.

Its a page or 2 back - Doll-Man quarterly #8 CGC 9.2 - 1st app Torchy

On 11/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, tth2 said:

His subsequent fire sale represented the last time that there were bargains galore in the high grade GA market.

Everything prior to 2020 looks like a bargain now...

On 11/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, Beige said:

I'm trying to pay by bank wire - I've emailed heritage to confirm all the details on the invoice are correct, as it's an international transfer, not domestic.

If you're following the wire transfer instructions on their invoice, you can't go wrong, can you?  

FWIW, I've paid Heritage by international wire transfer many times and never had a problem.  Just make sure you indicate your Heritage account number and the invoice number in the wire transfer instructions so they know whose money is coming in, because they probably get a ton of incoming wire transfers every day. 

I also want to change the shipping address (which I can't do until I pay according to the invoice - which seems strange)

You're saying that you can't go to your profile and change your shipping address?  That's odd if you're an overseas buyer. 

If you're a domestic buyer, I can see why they'd restrict it because changing the address to a different state might affect the state sales tax calculation on the invoice. 

I was wondering how long then take to respond?  As a new buyer I don't want to fall into the 'slow payer' category. The last reply pre-auction took 10 days - I assume they are quicker when chasing payment! lol

Usually a day or two.  You might be better off just giving them a call.

Any idea how long the process normally takes for international wire transfers?

Usually should arrive same day.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, adamstrange said:
On 11/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, tth2 said:

His subsequent fire sale represented the last time that there were bargains galore in the high grade GA market.

Everything prior to 2020 looks like a bargain now...

Yes, in hindsight everything looks like a bargain, but the Keller fire sale was one of the few times in this hobby that things looked like a bargain at that time.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:01 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

I gave it my best shot on the rangers 12 but what several of you said  resonated today so I stood at my magical number and I was off by a $100 and change. We win some we loose some

The oranges were super soft on that #12 cover even by FH standards. It will take a while but you'll find better.  (thumbsu

On 11/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, tth2 said:

If you're following the wire transfer instructions on their invoice, you can't go wrong, can you?  

Embarrassed to say I've never done a wire transfer - just wanted to make sure I did it right when I went to the bank.

Dotting i and crossing t etc etc :boo:

Thanks for the help!

On 11/22/2021 at 7:58 PM, tth2 said:

Yes, in hindsight everything looks like a bargain, but the Keller fire sale was one of the few times in this hobby that things looked like a bargain at that time.

It was a bargain because GA collectors were timid.  Many who had shown up at earlier sales to compete with Keller now held back, unsure of the economy or the comics market or both.

The trend is your friend, until it isn't, but you can't benefit from it unless you're willing to put your stake on the table and start playing a hand.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, tth2 said:

My recollection of the market is that it was red hot (except for Marvel Comics 1 and National 7).  If I recall, 2005-06 was when Gary Keller was driving the market to what then seemed like crazy new highs.  His subsequent fire sale represented the last time that there were bargains galore in the high grade GA market.

Gary Keller is a name unknown to me, but I gather he was a force in the hobby. Why did he sell so quickly? Was his exit from the hobby similar to J Parino, the mint?

On 11/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, tth2 said:

You're saying that you can't go to your profile and change your shipping address?  That's odd if you're an overseas buyer. 

Yup, still cant change it - I have emailed Heritage 5 times with no reply.

I'm waiting to pay, when the address change is confirmed. Payment is sat waiting.

I know they are big sellers etc, but they shouldn't be this hard to communicate with surely?

On 11/24/2021 at 5:41 AM, Beige said:

I'm waiting to pay, when the address change is confirmed. Payment is sat waiting.

I know they are big sellers etc, but they shouldn't be this hard to communicate with surely?

I'm thinking it is a holiday week try them monday 

On 11/21/2021 at 12:51 AM, tth2 said:

Which Vancouver books sold for a lot less the second time around?

I've had very good success with all of my Vancouvers when I sold them.

I also can't imagine seeing a Vancouver in person and saying it's not as good as it's cracked up to be.  I've owned a number and they are spectacular.

I didn't imply that the Vancouver books weren't nice comics.

However, the Namora #1 is an example of a Vancouver book that sold for less the second time around.

Screenshot_20211124-102112~2.png

Screenshot_20211124-102126~2.png

On 11/24/2021 at 5:41 AM, Beige said:

You need to call them if it's something important. I have emails, unanswered, to Heritage from years ago. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/24/2021 at 5:38 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Gary Keller is a name unknown to me, but I gather he was a force in the hobby. Why did he sell so quickly? Was his exit from the hobby similar to J Parino, the mint?

His main living was made in real estate.  Given the timing, my idle speculation is that the sale was due to aftershocks of the real estate crisis of 2008.