• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,590 posts in this topic

I was commenting to another collector that one of the interesting things about the Jon Berk auction was that the buyers seemed pretty spread out and quite a number of buyers publicized their wins, including here.

In contrast, as far as I know, the buyers of a lot of the high profile sales on Heritage in the last few years (e.g., the Church Pep, Hit and Zip runs) have remained anonymous.  I expect the same to be true for the Promise books.

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

I was commenting to another collector that one of the interesting things about the Jon Berk auction was that the buyers seemed pretty spread out and quite a number of buyers publicized their wins, including here.

In contrast, as far as I know, the buyers of a lot of the high profile sales on Heritage in the last few years (e.g., the Church Pep, Hit and Zip runs) have remained anonymous.  I expect the same to be true for the Promise books.

We may see some reveals over on IG. Seems to be 'the showcase place these days 

15 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok I’m going to go first. I was literally sitting with a client in the courtroom, waiting for the judge to call my case, as I surreptitiously bid for this:

829F5D84-9382-4A3E-8E6C-3408F590BDA4.jpeg

Very nice, mate! How did it get 9.4? Could be these will go to resale with the pedigree pushing them and not necessarily the grade. A beaut nonetheless. Congratulations!

37 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Well that’s right. I question the grade myself. What I don’t question is I’ll never have another shot at a high grade All Select 2. It was now or never

Looks like you stole that Promise book.  Regardless, with so few high-grade copies available ever, you made a wise grab.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.  (thumbsu  I'm still hoping to find any Promise book that slips through the cracks like this (of course, a much cheaper issue!).  Not holding my breath, though.  :nyah:

Edited by Pantodude

44 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok I’m going to go first. I was literally sitting with a client in the courtroom, waiting for the judge to call my case, as I surreptitiously bid for this:

829F5D84-9382-4A3E-8E6C-3408F590BDA4.jpeg

Such a beautiful book.  In the courtroom.. thought you might have bid on a Crime Does Not Pay, or something similar.xD