• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,591 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

Bidder numbers 7525 and 7103 were the 800 pound gorillas.

Two competing 800 lb. gorillas can make all the difference in an auction between what looks like a sky$-the-limit trend in market values and a game of chicken between two stubborn collectors ...or investors... with unlimited resources.  

Knowing how often those two gorillas were the last monkeys in the room would be a resource of infinite value to the collecting community. That two cents is common sense you can take to the bank.

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

48 minutes ago, gregreece said:

When I sold all of my books and art 7-8 years ago I thought my collecting days were through. Had a couple of kids in college (both work full time in the business now), was trying to improve the website and build inventory for the business. It was just to much to try and juggle a collection too. Happy to begin anew + how could I resist these Schomburg's? 

all select 4.jpeg

all select 7.jpeg

all winners 14.jpeg

Great pickups! Love the war books.

I also had my eye on the All Select 4, but by then the auction was over for me

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

2 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I paid Church money or more for this lol very pumped about my first Promise Pedigree this one is tough to find in high grade 

lf-32.jpeg

my apologies for bidding you up. Congrats on the beauty of a book!

Edited by Artboy99

16 minutes ago, cheetah said:

It was refreshing to see that the western market is still in the tank.

I don't know, $6600 for this seriously over-graded book with a tear on the upper left, a piece out of the bottom left, and scuffing on the mid spine, seems pretty robust to me!

That is, unless I missed the whole online humor /sarc thing?

Golden Age (1938-1955):Western, All Western Winners #2 The Promise Collection Pedigree (Marvel, 1948) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

4 hours ago, gregreece said:

When I sold all of my books and art 7-8 years ago I thought my collecting days were through. Had a couple of kids in college (both work full time in the business now), was trying to improve the website and build inventory for the business. It was just to much to try and juggle a collection too. Happy to begin anew + how could I resist these Schomburg's? 

all select 4.jpeg

all select 7.jpeg

all winners 14.jpeg

Ha! Bucky shooting a Ratzi in the face with a machine gun on the All Select #4 cover. Top shelf.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I don't know, $6600 for this seriously over-graded book with a tear on the upper left, a piece out of the bottom left, and scuffing on the mid spine, seems pretty robust to me!

That is, unless I missed the whole online humor /sarc thing?

Golden Age (1938-1955):Western, All Western Winners #2 The Promise Collection Pedigree (Marvel, 1948) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

No, just didn't see that one and wanted to join the conversation

4 hours ago, gregreece said:

all select 4.jpeg

all select 7.jpeg

all winners 14.jpeg

Hey Greg, on that All Select #4, is it just me or does it look to you like Cap's havin' a real good time mowin' down road kill on his dirt bike? :insane:

2 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Big WOW! Congrats! ^^

:tink:

Ohhhhh!  This is the post your Promise collection "wins" thread!   Not "wishes"!   Oooops.   :devil:  Donut for wins here, sorry to say.  Wishes aplenty though.  But I'm glad at least one of you believed I could have fetched that.   Not sayin I couldn't!   Not really. 

Edited by Pantodude